Just Back From Oasis Of the Seas

Just off the Oasis (5/14 - 5/21 Western) and it was a great trip. The crew was very friendly and the service was very good. MDR was hit or miss but never bad. We ate in the Solarium Bistro for three nights and that was quite nice. One thing to note is that there really is no dress code in the MDR any longer for dinner as shorts, backwards hats and sleeveless tee-shirts were seen. I asked one the the "boss dudes" on the way out if there still was a dress code and he admitted that there really was not. Whether that is a good thing or not has been debated endlessly. The fact is, short of swimming suits (maybe?), just about anything appears to be acceptable for dinner in the MDR.

Yes, we saw similar on our cruise too. It was quite disappointing to see people walking in to the MDR in work out clothes :(:eek: I think on formal nights the dress code should be enforced .

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! We go on Oasis for the first time 8/2018!

Us too! August 12 to be exact :D

Cannot wait!

Two days shy from Diamond on RCCL but we have been cruising NCL a lot the last few years. Love the dress code for dinner (my dh can wear nice shorts and golf shirts for dinners, even in specialty restaurants) and love the casual feel. But, been dying to do Oasis class and this trip it will be my family of 4, my mom (who is taking all of us), and my sisters family of 5.

Thank you OP for the review. Sounds like you ALL had a blast! My kids will be 24 and 20 so won't use the clubs but my sister has younger kids that will and happy they all enjoyed it!

I tried to upload photos of the cruise compass but it said the files were too big. Not sure how to make them smaller. Any tips?! Also, I have added stateroom photos on my blog if you want to visit: http://www.everydayadventureswithkids.com/2017/05/take-look-at-our-family-stateroom-on.html

Cruise Critic has fairly low limits on the size of uploads.

One option is to upload the files to a file sharing site like Google Docs, OneDrive, FlickR, etc. Then you put a link to your document in your CC post.

Cruise Critic has fairly low limits on the size of uploads.

One option is to upload the files to a file sharing site like Google Docs, OneDrive, FlickR, etc. Then you put a link to your document in your CC post.

Ok thanks! I will try that :)

My Daughter is 20 years old now but her favorite memories of Cruising when she was younger is ga-ga-ball. Basically it is played in a big knee high octangle pit. All players have to hold onto the pit with one hand. A soft spongy ball is then thrown into the pit and the players hit the ball with there other hand. If the ball hits you from the knee down you are out. If you catch it the person who hit it is out. You can catch the ball but not throw it. You have to bounce then hit it. Last one left in the pit is the winner. Im not sure what the attraction is but kids love it. I dont think it ever gets too rough. Hope this helps have a great cruise.

Aaahhhh gaga ball memories [emoji3] My now 19-ds was gaga ball king on Explorer when he was younger.

Thank you OP for the rebiew! Sailing Oasis next year with my family, sisters family and mom. Cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I tried to upload photos of the cruise compass but it said the files were too big. Not sure how to make them smaller. Any tips?! Also, I have added stateroom photos on my blog if you want to visit: http://www.everydayadventureswithkids.com/2017/05/take-look-at-our-family-stateroom-on.html

Are you trying to attach as a document, the paperclip icon? If so, try and attach as a picture, the mountain icon.

I'm attaching really big files with no issues.

99cdc7ef9e52e46364bff9b91911e770.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Are you trying to attach as a document, the paperclip icon? If so, try and attach as a picture, the mountain icon.

Technically, the mountain icon is a link to to an image hosted elsewhere. However, the phone app does the upload to another site and links it automatically. If you use a web browser, the mountain icon does no uploading, it just presents a field to be populated with a link.

Bottom line, much easier to link photos with the phone/tablet app.

Edited by clarea

Technically, the mountain icon is a link to to an image hosted elsewhere. However, the phone app does the upload to another site and links it automatically. If you use a web browser, the mountain icon does no uploading, it just presents a field to be populated with a link.

Bottom line, much easier to link photos with the phone/table app.

I pretty much only use the phone app for pictures now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app