Tell Me I Did the Right Thing!

Netnurse31

We were originally booked in an aft Vista Suite on the Crown for next summer. After reviewing the fare that I was paying with my TA I had a hard time justifying the cost of the suite for a family of 4. I inquired about the cost of 2 balcony cabins on the Baja deck and it worked out to be $2000 cheaper than if the 4 of us were in the suite. The total room size combined will actually be 25 square feet larger than the Vista suite and we will have 2 balconies and 2 bathrooms.

I went ahead and cancelled the Vista and booked the 2 BE's but now I am depressed. I was soooooooo looking foward to that aft balcony.

Tell me I did the right thing....please. I know deep down I did for now I can use that $2000 on shore excursions and shipboard charges. I guess I just need some moral support :confused:

$2,000 is a lot of money. You did the right thing. This way, you have more privacy, more floor space, and TWO balconies. Think of all the drinks you can have, the excursions you can take, and how you'll have $2,000 extra. I think you made the best choice.

You DEFINITELY did the right thing!!

First of all, this means more PRIVACY for you and your DH...

Secondly, you won't have to share a shower with 3 other people...

Thirdly (and most importantly), you saved enough money to book another cruise for you and your DH!!

You certainly did the right thing. $2000 is a whole lot of money and like you said you can spend it on shore excursions or whatever you want to purchase on the ship, on land etc. Enjoy your cruise.

Marilyn

I agree with the rest of the group, it's a good choice, that $2000 will come in handy for something else. And, if you find you're really still concerned the balcony cabins won't be nice enough, I wonder if $1000 per cabin would be enough to upgrade to minisuites?

In my opinion you definitely made the right choice. The suites are not that large and I think 4 people would be tough. And there would be absolutely no privacy. So I think you SCORED!! Big balcony, privacy, saved $2K! :D

You absolutely did the right thing! Other than losing a large (crowded) cabin and priority embarkation/debarkation, you're saving more than enough money to buy any suite perks you might want for your whole family - laundry, drinks, canapes, internet, etc. And you'll have a second bathroom, which will really come in handy!

If it were me, BTW, I also would look into a minisuite. I really like that extra space and the sofa. But I'm a "spend a lot of time in cabin" person, and if you're not, it probably wouldn't be worth it to you.

Thanks for the replies everyone! It makes me feel better knowing that others feel the way I do. We stayed in a Penthouse Suite on NCL Dawn last August and it was an awesome experience. Then again, the suite had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a living area as well as butler and concierge service. From what I can tell Princess doesnt offer enough perks to justify it. I guess when I first booked I was in the suite state of mind but hadn't done my homework. :::slapping self on the hand:::

Anyone have any comments on the Baja deck? It seems like it will be a good location. The balconies are covered from what I understand. The Vista was just above Club Fusion and that was another concern of mine. I'd rather not have the noise from the club in my cabin.

We too discovered it was less expensive for us (family of 4) to get two balcony cabins than one cabin. We have two cabins on Baja (next door to each other) I understand you can have the door opened between the balconies. I have never been on a Princess cruise before, but I'm sure these rooms will be great. I have two teenaged sons and I like the privacy that two rooms give my husband and I. I don't have to stand in line for the bathroom either!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves!!!

Archived