Off the epic and our thoughts

jaxw17

Sis is up nice and breezy and we are all up for a trip to Palma Nova. We don't dock until one so spend the morning lazing around and then getting some things ready to pack. Can't believe we are going home tomorrow a week is just too short.

There is the usual scrum to get off but we do and head for a taxi. We get a lovely informative taxi driver who drops us at the beach in palma Nova. We paid 22 euros for four of us so no problem. It is a lovely beach area here and we have a walk along the shops and the promenade and head for a beer.

there is a market along the front selling nice craft things better than your usual tat found on the markets. The weather is lovely and i could have just as easily stayed on the beach.

We walked around for quite a while sat and had a coffee and chatted and then headed back to the boat.

our last night. It was busy out again. The cases are packed and have been taken away. we go top Taste and it is as good as ever. We leave S & l to get a sweet we never bother with sweets so we do what we did last night and get a wine and go up the the very front of the buffet. It takes S & L a while to join us as they said it had got really busy as we left and they had to wait awhile.

There was a youngish coupe across from us in their early 30's they had food in front of them and I kid you not she took at least 50 selfies they hardly spoke apart from her getting him to take some snaps of her. I said to my hubby sometimes now in life I think some people get things too easy and too early to appreciate them fully. I did notice that when she got up to get 2 gargantuan plates of sweets she did not take a selfie of her arse. I don't blame her she would have needed a wide screen!

Meiow

I have laughed and laughed at these postings. Thank you so much for the entertainment.

Doing this cruise next week -.where would you recommend for child-free, free sunbathing please.

I have laughed and laughed at these postings. Thank you so much for the entertainment.

Doing this cruise next week -.where would you recommend for child-free, free sunbathing please.

Spice H2O is adults only during the day. You could also try for one of the comfy loungers up on deck 18 (I think) forward [emoji1373]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spice H2o. Child free so we spent all our time there. You can if you are lucky get vibe passes but on a port intensive cruise i don't know if they are worth the money.

i liked it in Spice H2o.

i mean I have been there and done that with kids now I value I bit of peace.

I think i should have bred poodles instead of children actually ;p

We are cruising on the Epic starting April 7, 2018 and will be looking forward to others on this log in

I just booked this cruise this morning. We needed transportation to Barcelona for the last Med cruise of the Carnival Horizon and the Transatlantic back to NYC. 4/29 to 5/23). It wasn't that much more than what airfare would have cost us and this way we won't be jetlagged when we arrive in Barcelona. We'll have one week in Barcelona to sightsee before we board the Horizon on April 29. We've already crossed off some of our bucket list items in Barcelona about 4-5 years ago so I'm hoping we can also do some day trips from Barcelona into surrounding towns.

Enjoyed your review. It really made me laugh.

Just curious if ebay delivered your new liver

Actually, I have found that the liver from Amazon was better quality and more reliable............... LOL

Enjoyed your review. It really made me laugh.

Just curious if ebay delivered your new liver

First one arrived damaged so I sent it back but got a new one this time off Amazon.

Been putting it through its paces with overnight visits from boozy friends and then just been to a wedding in Gretna Green in Scotland.

did not finish the review off right we had a mare of a time at Barcelona airport I have never seen so many people. It took ages to process everyone.

I had the surliest woman in front of me i asked if she would put her seat back upright whilst i had a drink. Those seats were designed around Victoria Beckham, anorexic spice.

She was not for moving it telling me that she could not press the button as she was disabled. Disabled my rear end the only thing she had had done was a personality.

got back with a really bad chest infection so back on to amazon for lungs to go with the liver.

Just read through your review- loved it! I think some people on here don't get the British sense of humour lol. We loved the Epic too! I also like Palmanova and am going there for a 4 day mini moon in a week or so.

Quilting cruiser, if you decide against Palmanova (not sure I would venture there just for the market as I suspect it's only on certain days), you could consider heading to Port Andratx. It's absolutley stunning (the first time I visited I decided I am going to retire there when I am a millionaire lol). It's a bit further than Palmanova, not sure how much a taxi from the port would set you back but it's worth it. They also have a large market in Andratx town, not sure if it's certain days. You could fairly easily combine both- there might even be a tour that does it.

However Palmanova is also lovely and makes for a fantastic beach day!

Just read through your review- loved it! I think some people on here don't get the British sense of humour lol. We loved the Epic too! I also like Palmanova and am going there for a 4 day mini moon in a week or so.

Quilting cruiser, if you decide against Palmanova (not sure I would venture there just for the market as I suspect it's only on certain days), you could consider heading to Port Andratx. It's absolutley stunning (the first time I visited I decided I am going to retire there when I am a millionaire lol). It's a bit further than Palmanova, not sure how much a taxi from the port would set you back but it's worth it. They also have a large market in Andratx town, not sure if it's certain days. You could fairly easily combine both- there might even be a tour that does it.

However Palmanova is also lovely and makes for a fantastic beach day!

Thank, Squish! I'll do some research and check it out. I appreciate the suggestion. I've got tours booked everywhere but Cannes and Palma and I like to keep a port or two open to just have a relaxing day wandering around.:D

On Majorca the Caves of Drach up on the east coast nr Porto Cristo is excellent.

We haven't been for, many years, but good memories....

Majorca is an easy island to drive around.

Blues

Thanks! I'll take a look at the caves and see if they're of interest. Is that far from the port?

From memory they are about halfway up the east coast

Just found their site. It looks beautiful there. It's quite a ways from the port so I'll have see if I can find a tour there. The Port Squish referenced is pretty amazing, too. Things to think about. Thanks!