Where to get soda

Jennv77

This is probably a dumb question....My kids will have the Bubbles soda package, do they have to go up to a bar to get their sodas? Also, where do we get the Powerade, Vitamin Water or Coconut water that is included with the Cheers package? At any bar?

Thanks

This is probably a dumb question....My kids will have the Bubbles soda package, do they have to go up to a bar to get their sodas? Also, where do we get the Powerade, Vitamin Water or Coconut water that is included with the Cheers package? At any bar?

Thanks

Yes to all.

Yes the kids can walk-up to any bar and order a soda, or they can wait for a wandering drink server at a show or poolside, or get one from the waiters in the MDR or specialty restaurants when they sit down for meals. They don't even need to be on the BB program to do so, just allow charging privileges to their folio.

Just remember due to allergy concerns no food or beverages can be brought into the kids camp area other than water. SO that means to fully utilize the BB sticker the child would need to be able to sign themselves out of camp, go to a bar or lounge to order and consume the beverage .

What about at the buffet or in the main dining room? Will the servers bring soda to you?

No, I do not think they will at the buffet. The staff in that area are cleanup really, not servers. There are many bars though, front and back of almost every buffet area.

Sodas alcohol and other specialty drinks are NOT self serve on the lido. Coffee, hot tea and hot cocoa are 24/7. Breakfast will be self serve OJ apple and guava punch. Lunch and dinner will be self serve iced tea and lemonade.

In the MDR at breakfast they will serve you a wider variety of juices including pineapple and tomato and at lunch you can get tea or lemonade from the servers.

Whether or not you have a soda card or Cheers servers will be happy to get you any other drink you desire. Those without the programs simply sign a receipt showing the charge for their purchase; on the programs you get a $0 receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im a first time cruiser and had the same question. I have seen videos where the drinks are self serve on Lido. Is this not the case? We will be on the Sunshine.

Free drinks, are self serve on Lido. Drinks that are purchased come from bars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The free self serve drinks on the lido are tea, lemonade and water. In the mornings they have juice available in the self serve areas. Each kid can carry on a 12 pack of pop. Inless they drink 5 or 6 cans/cups a day, they may not need the bubbles program. At $6 a day, it adds up. The lemonade was really good (I added about 1/3 water to my lemonade to make it not as sweet). Tea was also very good. No drinks can be taken into the kids area so it will do them no good there. Bubbles drinks are at the bars and you have to wait in line to get your pop. No pop on Lido (except the bars). MDR you can get your pop (or you can get lemonade/water/tea/coffee for free).

Congrats on your upcoming cruise! I hope you and your family have a great time.

As for Bubbles, any of your kids can go up to any bar and ask for soda. They show the bartender the sticker on their card and the bartender will take it, swipe it, and give them back a 0.00 receipt that they sign and hand back to server. They'll usually give a can.

In the main dining room, they act just as they would at any restaurant and ask for a coke, sprite, etc. when the waiter asks what drink they want. Again, they'll show the sticker, hand the card, and sign the receipt. The server will bring over a can of their requested beverage and pour it into their glass. (I think this is so the person receiving the drink knows they are getting the full can and not being shorted.)

There are free juices, teas, water, etc. in the buffet area that are self serving, but the kids would have to go to a bar to get soda. (It isn't far, as another person mentioned.)

I don't have experience with kids programs, but I'm sure the other posters are correct. Also, not sure about drinks such as powerade and what not. If I had to GUESS, I would say they are available at the bars as well.

Remember with the soda, you are only allowed one at a time. However, if you don't open the can, you can take it to your room and in a couple of minutes ask for another can, and get a stockpile in the cabin for when you don't feel like going out just for a drink. Drink packages do not apply for room service (to the best of my knowledge- I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong), so a stockpile may be beneficial.

Also remember you can each bring 12 cans on board. If your kids have a special soda they like, or if they aren't a fan of coke products, this may be a better option for you.

Again, I hope you enjoy your cruise and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.(: