Low Low RCCL cruise prices

As a D+ on RCI you will receive the Elite benefits if you book a cruise on Celebrity.

If you are Diamond or above on RCI then you are Elite on Celebrity, if you are Elite or above on Celebrity then you are Diamond on RCI. Which benefits you receive are determined by which cruise line you sail on. Each line has different and mutually exclusive benefits, if that makes sense. One of the RCI loyalty benefits is a balcony discount and if you are Elite with Celebrity you are given the Diamond benefits (and balcony discount) when booking/sailing on RCI. Celebrity does not have a balcony discount, regardless of level, but all Captains Club members (regardless of loyalty level) can get a one category upgrade, with some restrictions and depending on the category booked. Again, each cruise line's loyalty benefits are different. The Celebrity category upgrade usually equates to a $40 or $50 per cabin spiff but we have one cruise booked where the benefit was worth $500 - somewhat unusual - on that same sailing, in a different category cabin, the upgraded category fare is actually less so you wouldn't want the category upgrade.

Many think RCI has the best loyalty benefits but Celebrities are good, just not the same.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Thanks. Did not realize that Celebrity did not have balcony discounts in the loyalty program.

Looks like the mods agreed with my post that was "worthless, annoying and repetitive..."

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

For some of us it was valuable information. The OP clearly identified the topic in the title of the thread, you could have just as easily passed on by but instead you became the 3rd highest contributor to a "worthless, annoying and repetitive..." thread. Your words not mine.

For some of us it was valuable information. The OP clearly identified the topic in the title of the thread, you could have just as easily passed on by but instead you became the 3rd highest contributor to a "worthless, annoying and repetitive..." thread. Your words not mine.

It's not valuable I formation on the Celebrity board though. Like I said next time someone finds any cruise cheaper than a celebrity cruise they start posting about it? The boards are already cluttered as it is and we don't need these nonsense posts getting added to the mix, so I voiced my opinion. It appears the mods agreed with me since they moved the post. If the person came and said how they got a Celebrity cruise at a lower cost to an inferior line like RC, CCL, or NCL it would be newsworthy to post on the Celebrity board.

If it was left up it would set a precedent for everyone to post about cheaper deals on other lines. If that is such valuable news to you and others, why not go research the prices on the line and compare?

whatever will bewilder me