Low Low RCCL cruise prices

I am also looking the same cruise (very similar) between Celebrity and RCCL. RCCL is like $2000 cheaper per cabin, but it doesn't seem to come with any perk? Celebrity has 2 free perks which is worth over $2000 on the 12 days cruise...

Depends on how you "value" the perks and your Captain's Club level.

For us, a booze package is worth virtually nothing. We are Elite+ so we get cocktails in the evening and unlimited specialty coffees. The value of the package is even less on a port-intensive sailing.

$300 OBC worth nothing. If we somehow fall into it, we have to use it to buy stuff we don't really want but otherwise it goes away.

Internet, no value (we get around 500 minutes so no need).

The only value, for us, is the pre-paid tips ($324 on a 12 day).

Even without CC perks, no way I'd use Celebrity's gauge of value. It is like any marketing gimmick.

How was pointing out that the post by the OP irrelevant me wanting to be a wannabe moderator?

I just like coming to the board that isn't cluttered with nonsense that means nothing to Celebrity. What's next everyday we start getting posts about how someone booked a cruise cheaper than Celebrity? It would become redundant very fast, and accepting this post as good information sets a precedent for allowing the boards to be flooded with these kinds of nonsense posts.

If not wanting that for these boards makes me a wannabe moderator than I guess I'm a wannabe.

This should be a place to discuss Celebrity Cruises and changes and questions regarding Celebrity. If someone comments in a post about price differences, that's great, thanks for the info, but we don't need posts about it. If you've made it to cruise critic you're well aware of the cost comparisons between the at the least the bigger mainstream lines.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Just because it isirrelevant to you does not mean it is irrelevant to other CCers (See the other posts thanking the OP) or does only your version of relevance count? If you find a thread irrelevant to you, notify the Moderators or move on without comment and avoid more of the clutter you are so worried about on this board.

Just because it isirrelevant to you does not mean it is irrelevant to other CCers (See the other posts thanking the OP) or does only your version of relevance count? If you find a thread irrelevant to you, notify the Moderators or move on without comment and avoid more of the clutter you are so worried about on this board.

Look at this wannabe moderator trying to approve posts and rationalize relevancy.

Since to you it's ok to make worthless posts, at what point do they become annoying and repetitive?

Look at this wannabe moderator trying to approve posts and rationalize relevancy.

Since to you it's ok to make worthless posts, at what point do they become annoying and repetitive?

The above post is worthless, annoying and repetitive according this reader but it may be of value to other CCers' so I will not complain endlessly about its shortcomings and clutter this board further. :)

If it needs to be removed completely or just moved to the worthless posts board, I'll let the Real Moderators do that. :D

Navigator would be a great deal...it's a very nice ship...not too huge. We enjoyed a Carib cruise on her a few yrs ago..enjoyed the lively vibe.

We did the ABC itin on Infinity last Oct....ship was Ok not great. At the time we booked, not many ABC choices...mostly 14 day cruises in Eclipse. Now ABC itin is very popular so it pays to compare. I think OP will be happy,

Oasis is another story...we tried it but could not wait to get home. Too crowded.. .not very good dining even in specialties,.,just not our cup of tea, other than amazing Diamond Perks! But for those who like really big ships, deals are out there. Enjoy!

Ok? This boards for Celebrity, we are all well aware of prices.

Should I go to the Azamara board and tell them I booked a few celebrity cruises cheaper than they are on comparable itineraries? Yeah, I don't think so.

Look again. This is the RCI forum. Never mind. I just went over to the Celebrity forum and noticed this thread was initially posted on Celebrity.

Edited by davekathy

Only been on the RCI forum for the last few minutes.

Was moved from the Celebrity forum where it was all day, thus the comments re: Celebrity.

Yea, I just went over to the Celebrity forum and noticed this thread was initially posted on Celebrity.

We just booked 2 RCCL cruises for 2018 .One is a 9 night ABC island deep Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator of the Seas & saved over $1200 on a stern balcony cabin vs a similar Celebrity cruise . Then booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas ,at a fantaxtic low pricwe for a balcony cabin deck 9 .:D

RCCL os still giving the 30% off special pricing & as Elite + ,we go to RCCL & get the Diamond balcony discounts of $225 each cruise:)

Well worth comparing cruise line to cruise line itineraries m to save lots of monies:)

Please clarify. You're getting the balcony discount as a D from RCL or as an Elite+ member from Celebrity. If the first, can I get a balcony discount as a RCL's C&A D+ member.

Clarification. Can I get a balcony discount from Celebrity as a RCL D+ member.

No, you get Celebrity Elite perks on Celebrity, which do not include a balcony discount.

No, you get Celebrity Elite perks on Celebrity, which do not include a balcony discount.

They do include the one category upgrade though which can be a significant discount. I booked a C3 and was upgraded to a C2 on the hump which was hundreds more than my C3.

I must have read the Op incorrectly. So bottom line, the Op is both a D & Elite+ and utilized the RCL tier to get the discount.

The above post is worthless, annoying and repetitive according this reader but it may be of value to other CCers' so I will not complain endlessly about its shortcomings and clutter this board further. :)

If it needs to be removed completely or just moved to the worthless posts board, I'll let the Real Moderators do that. :D

Looks like the mods agreed with my post that was "worthless, annoying and repetitive..."

I must have read the Op incorrectly. So bottom line, the Op is both a D & Elite+ and utilized the RCL tier to get the discount.

I know the OP is Elite+, and I think the OP got D status via reciprocity.

I know the OP is Elite+, and I think the OP got D status via reciprocity.

To get the balcony discount as the Op stated on RCL, the Op has to have earned the D designation, unless RCL accepts full reciprocity while Celebrity does not.

To get the balcony discount as the Op stated on RCL, the Op has to have earned the D designation, unless RCL accepts full reciprocity while Celebrity does not.

If a Celebrity cruiser is Elite or higher in Captain's Club, has no RC cruises, gets their RC "D" level via reciprocity, they get all RC "D" perks (including balcony discount) on their RC cruises.

They do include the one category upgrade though which can be a significant discount. I booked a C3 and was upgraded to a C2 on the hump which was hundreds more than my C3.

That is true, but in general the one category upgrade is worth in the $30-50 range.

If a Celebrity cruiser is Elite or higher in Captain's Club, has no RC cruises, gets their RC "D" level via reciprocity, they get all RC "D" perks (including balcony discount) on their RC cruises.

Not to belabor the point, if the Op got the D benefits reciprocity on RCL which includes the balcony discount. Therefore, if I book a balcony on Celebrity, I get the D+ equivalent benefit/percs reciprocity, but not the balcony discount. If so, the reciprocity between the 2 lines is not equal.

We just booked 2 RCCL cruises for 2018 .One is a 9 night ABC island deep Southern Caribbean cruise on Navigator of the Seas & saved over $1200 on a stern balcony cabin vs a similar Celebrity cruise . Then booked a 7 night Western Caribbean on Oasis of the Seas ,at a fantaxtic low pricwe for a balcony cabin deck 9 .:D

RCCL os still giving the 30% off special pricing & as Elite + ,we go to RCCL & get the Diamond balcony discounts of $225 each cruise:)

Well worth comparing cruise line to cruise line itineraries m to save lots of monies:)

Please post sail dates for each!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not to belabor the point, if the Op got the D benefits reciprocity on RCL which includes the balcony discount. Therefore, if I book a balcony on Celebrity, I get the D+ equivalent benefit/percs reciprocity, but not the balcony discount. If so, the reciprocity between the 2 lines is not equal.

I can't see where I said the perks were equal. You get Celebrity perks on Celebrity and Royal perks on Royal. See post #39.

As a D+ on RCI you will receive the Elite benefits if you book a cruise on Celebrity.

If you are Diamond or above on RCI then you are Elite on Celebrity, if you are Elite or above on Celebrity then you are Diamond on RCI. Which benefits you receive are determined by which cruise line you sail on. Each line has different and mutually exclusive benefits, if that makes sense. One of the RCI loyalty benefits is a balcony discount and if you are Elite with Celebrity you are given the Diamond benefits (and balcony discount) when booking/sailing on RCI. Celebrity does not have a balcony discount, regardless of level, but all Captains Club members (regardless of loyalty level) can get a one category upgrade, with some restrictions and depending on the category booked. Again, each cruise line's loyalty benefits are different. The Celebrity category upgrade usually equates to a $40 or $50 per cabin spiff but we have one cruise booked where the benefit was worth $500 - somewhat unusual - on that same sailing, in a different category cabin, the upgraded category fare is actually less so you wouldn't want the category upgrade.

Many think RCI has the best loyalty benefits but Celebrities are good, just not the same.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk