Is it still free to access The New York Times via HAL internet?

WriterOnDeck

Previously because the NYT was a partner with HAL for Explorations, you could go to the NYT website without incurring internet charges, the same as you could go to the HAL website. You didn't have to sign in to your internet account.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? Would love that access for my upcoming Grand Asia cruise.

On O-dam in Dec it was free but a little hard to find - and I don't remember how. If you can't find it ask at the front desk.

Unless it's changed, there is a link on the splash page that comes up when you first connect.

Unless it's changed, there is a link on the splash page that comes up when you first connect.
That showed up until we bought a time block, and then it was no longer offered. DH started a separate account without buying time just to continue to use it. Later someone told me how where to find it under some sub-menu, but I don't remember where it was.

Just off the Amsterdam.

For us, after you clicked the option to purchase internet time, there are buttons down at the bottom of the page (after the various purchase options). One of the buttons is labeled 'complimentary websites' or something like that. The NY Times is there, along with HAL's website and blog website.