Anyone back from 2017 Coral Princess Alaska

miss

Thank you for the encouragement- and tip about the binoculars!

FYI, several years ago we did a birthday party where our favors were inexpensive butterfly binoculars for the kids. They're not fancy, but they are basically functional. I think we may have a box of them left over. If you want (and we can fit them in the suitcase), I can bring a couple. In my experience, the little ones can't really use the binoculars that well anyway and just want to feel like they are participating.

FYI, several years ago we did a birthday party where our favors were inexpensive butterfly binoculars for the kids. They're not fancy, but they are basically functional. I think we may have a box of them left over. If you want (and we can fit them in the suitcase), I can bring a couple. In my experience, the little ones can't really use the binoculars that well anyway and just want to feel like they are participating.

Thanks! I think we have some similar ones here. You're right about inexpensive- they'll get lost or broken, I"m sure. I'm getting excited and happy to know other kids might be here.

Just back from May 27-June3 NB.

Approximately 150 kids on board according to posted registrations for kid's club. We had a hard time getting my 11 year old out of the kid's club, he liked it so much. My 12 year old preferred adults and scenery.

Only rain was during sea day and after Glacier Bay. College Fjord was very beautiful weather. Used our balcony every day, although some days were bundled up. Managed to get sunburned falling asleep on the balcony after Ketchikan.

I have patters but not menus. I will try to get those up.

If the machine is empty you can try a machine on a different deck or get them from passenger services.

Save your quarters (and their weight) JA ;p All the ships are using tokens now which you purchase with your cruise card. Anthony, a laundry aficionado, loves them. :D

Thanks cruise buddy.

stren003: Formal nights on the May 20 Southbound Coral voyage were Sunday and Thursday.

Other random thoughts on our cruise:

Sue the naturalist was so entertaining and informative. Her lectures as well as her comments over the speaker system were well worthwhile.

Spending time on the aft Caribe deck with binoculars was rewarding - very few people and little wind.

Seafood entrees were well-prepared.

Anytime Dining: Either arrive a good 15 minutes before the doors open; or wait much later closer to 7:30 pm

Buy laundry tokens in laundry room first day on ship before the machine is empty.

Crew, overall, very friendly and accommodating.

Walking the wrap-around Promenade deck was pure pleasure - great way to burn off some calories if you go around enough times.

Thanks for sharing.:D

Tony

Thanks so much to everyone for the great information. It is nice that we have so many Cruise Critic friends that we can count on to help us as we plan our newest adventures.

We were on the Coral for a b2b 5-13 northbound & 5-20 southbound. Beware if you are cruising out of YVR Van-BC. Lines were Horrific in BC. We are elite & it still took us over 2 1/2 hrs from check-in to cabin. It was our worst boarding experience ever.

The Coral herself was awesome. Crew is super, sights were great (1-day of rain in 14!).

Eat late seating if you can. 5:15 is 1st; 7:30 is 2nd. If you eat at 5:15 you will miss hours of daylight & scenic cruising. Food in DR was always VG especially if you like seafood.

Questions-----ask though I don't review this more than 1-2 times per week.

In Whittier the Wildlife preserve was awesome!

We were on the Coral for a b2b 5-13 northbound & 5-20 southbound. Beware if you are cruising out of YVR Van-BC. Lines were Horrific in BC. We are elite & it still took us over 2 1/2 hrs from check-in to cabin. It was our worst boarding experience ever.

The Coral herself was awesome. Crew is super, sights were great (1-day of rain in 14!).

Eat late seating if you can. 5:15 is 1st; 7:30 is 2nd. If you eat at 5:15 you will miss hours of daylight & scenic cruising. Food in DR was always VG especially if you like seafood.

Questions-----ask though I don't review this more than 1-2 times per week.

In Whittier the Wildlife preserve was awesome!

Why did it take so long to get board the ship in Vancouver? So many people? or not enough Custom people?

I came back from the May 19th to the 27th cruise on the coral we LOVED it. Does anyone know WHERE the coral princess was the voyage or 2 before may 19th? I would love to know. Not to scare anyone but I fell very ill and upon returning home I had a blood test and I tested positive for Dengue fever. this is not in alaska so its likely from a bug left on the ship from a carribean cruise but i cannot find the previous itineraries for this ship

3 ships in port Emerald; Holland ship; & Coral & all using the same lines til we got to the end. I have never seen such lines zigging & zagging everywhere. We have Global too but it made no difference. From airport in a friends car that picked us up to the port & into our cabin was 3 hours!!

Laurel257 more likely from a previous passenger or cruise staff. This is something the CDC should figure out not something CC should be involved in. Princess cruises should only be involved to help CDC/ or state health figure out

3 ships in port Emerald; Holland ship; & Coral & all using the same lines til we got to the end. I have never seen such lines zigging & zagging everywhere. We have Global too but it made no difference. From airport in a friends car that picked us up to the port & into our cabin was 3 hours!!

Thank you for answering! We board the Coral Saturday in Vancouver with 3 ships in port also.....so I guess well be waiting awhile!

I came back from the May 19th to the 27th cruise on the coral we LOVED it. Does anyone know WHERE the coral princess was the voyage or 2 before may 19th? I would love to know. Not to scare anyone but I fell very ill and upon returning home I had a blood test and I tested positive for Dengue fever. this is not in alaska so its likely from a bug left on the ship from a carribean cruise but i cannot find the previous itineraries for this ship

I would assume Panama Canal and then a CA/Canada coastal.

I was on the same cruise & got sick. You have to be bitten to have Dengue fever. I wonder how long mosquitoes live or were they breeding on the ship. I just had fever & a cough.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spending time on the aft Caribe deck with binoculars was rewarding - very few people and .

I wonder how many times we passed each other! I loved the Caribe deck aft. Our cabin was just right around the corner. We had a nice balcony but I spent a lot of time on the aft! There were very few people out there. The most was Glacier Bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from May 27-June3 NB.

Approximately 150 kids on board according to posted registrations for kid's club. We had a hard time getting my 11 year old out of the kid's club, he liked it so much. My 12 year old preferred adults and scenery.

Only rain was during sea day and after Glacier Bay. College Fjord was very beautiful weather. Used our balcony every day, although some days were bundled up. Managed to get sunburned falling asleep on the balcony after Ketchikan.

I have patters but not menus. I will try to get those up.

Can you tell me which nights were formal dining on the northbound?

We just finished the NB itinerary (sailed 5/27). Formal nights were Ketchikan and Glacier Bay for us (Ketchikan was an early departure, like 2 or 2:30p) so they did some events that afternoon more typical of a sea day on other itineraries. I'll try to get my trip report up later tonight. I did try to save the Patters from every day but scanning them and sharing the files will take a little longer (big files, harder to upload).

Boarding at Vancouver was a breeze for us, only 2 ships in port though (P & HAL). We sent luggage from hotel to ship (perk of Pan Pacific and one other hotel I think). Arrived to terminal at 1-1:15ish and were through and boarded in under a half hour. US CBP was a bit of a $h** show though... 2 lines set up with 1 for US/Can passports (very fast, maybe 3 min wait) and a 2nd line for "Other" passports (long long line, rumor was last time in port some people had 4-5h waits).

Weather was generally beautiful, with rain only late in the afternoon in Skagway for the entire trip.