2 Cheers questions

hrmkr

I am guessing that my questions may be answered somewhere in the 100's of other Cheers threads. No time to read through the many, many hours of searching.

1. If I am sitting near the pool, will the servers go to the Alchemy bar and get me a specialty drink or am I limited to just drinks from the Lido deck bar?

2. If I tip the server, does the bar tender get a piece of it? I would want the bartender to know that I had tipped so maybe down the road my drinks would be better.

Thanks

I am guessing that my questions may be answered somewhere in the 100's of other Cheers threads. No time to read through the many, many hours of searching.

1. If I am sitting near the pool, will the servers go to the Alchemy bar and get me a specialty drink or am I limited to just drinks from the Lido deck bar?

No

2. If I tip the server, does the bar tender get a piece of it? I would want the bartender to know that I had tipped so maybe down the road my drinks would be better.

No

Thanks

No and no

Thanks

1. No, the server will only go to the nearest bar for your drinks.

2. If you tip the server, it belongs to the server. If you want to establish a relationship with a bartender for better pours, go directly to the source.

I'm a waiter. Anywhere I've ever worked the waiter will tip out the bartender. Not much. Like 10 to 25%.

It's not the same on the ships. It goes into the pocket of the server that receives it. Now, if you add a tip onto your $0 receipt that you sign...that's what we usually do, rather than cash, that goes into the tip pool and is divided.

Unless I order a beer, guess I will be getting up and going too the bar. Still will tip the server occasionally when ordering a beer. Whenever you tip,, the servers always come back much quicker to you to see if you need anything.

Thanks for answering my questions and not giving me grief since I know it probably has been asked before. :)

Happy cruising!!

It's not the same on the ships. It goes into the pocket of the server that receives it. Now, if you add a tip onto your $0 receipt that you sign...that's what we usually do, rather than cash, that goes into the tip pool and is divided.

Yes, my understanding too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums