Thoughts on the Breeze (and tons of post-drydock photos)

schittenden

Thanks for the review and photos! I think out of all of your photos, I only saw three people. Very creepy in a strange way. Like a ghost ship!

I take it you're an office space fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take it you're an office space fan?

Ha! You are the first to catch on to that! Great movie.

Ok, that makes sense about their being so few people. I'm sure that took some patience.

Ha! You are the first to catch on to that! Great movie.

Ok, that makes sense about their being so few people. I'm sure that took some patience.

Better than filing TPS Reports.

I had to laugh when I read this. The scrambled eggs on the ship give me nightmares, lol. I love eggs and tell myself every morning they will be fine, and yep Nope...AWFUL!! I finally caved and decided the wait in line for the omelets was worth it.

Thanks so much for sharing your insights on the ship.

Try ordering eggs in the MDR for Sea Day Brunch. I ordered eggs every Sea Day from there they came you very burnt -- even dark brown burnt. Never ate them -- just ordered them to see how burnt they can get them. Even the omelets were brown in the MDR.

Try ordering eggs in the MDR for Sea Day Brunch. I ordered eggs every Sea Day from there they came you very burnt -- even dark brown burnt. Never ate them -- just ordered them to see how burnt they can get them. Even the omelets were brown in the MDR.

I didn't find the eggs in the MDR to be any more palatable.

Thank you so much for the great pictures and review! This is the first time I have seen inside pictures and loved how the ship looks. We are going on the Breeze in two weeks and very much looking forward to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed them. I had fun trying to take them and avoid people in the shops. We thought the ship was really beautiful. Very understated and elegant in ways, at least compared to Carnival's older ships.

Thank you for sharing!! The pics you took are great! We are looking forward to sailing the end of the summer! My boys were very happy when I showed them the arcade pics.

My son loved it. Definitely one of the best arcades I have found on a ship. I will warn you, it can get pricey fast. Also, the superhero coin games were not providing the proper number of plays for depositing multiple dollars. The SpongeBob coin machine kept breaking. Also, the "team" cards in the superhero games were not providing 100 tickets (as they are supposed to) but the same 50 tickets that all the other cards were worth. The evening on the last night of the cruise, the ticket machine is a little picked over and there was a slow line. So, keep that in mind as you plan.

Thanks for the comment on the pictures. I thought they came out well for just using an iPhone. Enjoy your cruise!

Do you happen to have any additional photos of the Alchemy Bar and the areas around it? Cruising with the in-laws in September and they LOVE the Alchemy Bar but were worried when they found out the Breeze didnt have it...and some more pictures will help them believe me that it will be there! ;p

Do you happen to have any additional photos of the Alchemy Bar and the areas around it? Cruising with the in-laws in September and they LOVE the Alchemy Bar but were worried when they found out the Breeze didnt have it...and some more pictures will help them believe me that it will be there! ;p

Not much, but this is what I have...

34952728306_c05bdb97b6.jpg

34829102962_f4f6a7fa7a.jpg

Those are the only two pictures I have of the Alchemy Bar. It is located in the Ocean Plaza area, adjacent to the Taste Bar. On the other side, it runs into the back entrance to the Red Frog Pub with the Foosball table and shuffleboard table.

How in the world did you get all these photos with NO OTHER PEOPLE?? Aside from the 1 or 2 employees I saw. Going on the breeze July 2nd. :)

Never mind, just finished reading the thread and see how now! Great pics!

We sailed the week before you on the Breeze. We had similar experiences with a couple of exceptions. We also had YTD but we had the same servers most nights ( one night we were later for dessert only and his section was full) but we did ASK on the 2nd night to be seated in the same section, so maybe they saw that on subsequent nights and sat us there again. Paul was our server and his whole team was fabulous. I don't have a very limited palette, but defaulted to the everyday salmon twice that week :(. My only service disappointment on this sailing was very slow service at the brunch - when the place was a ghost town.

I am not a swimming pool person, generally speaking or on a cruise, but I swam twice that week. I had to go before 8am for some decent personal space and could only spend an hour before it got too crowded. This was the aft pool which was right by my cabin.

The pizza was better than the pizza on the Freedom in January (disappointing) but the lines were almost always longer than reasonable - but most especially during late night times. I did enjoy the + part of the pizza+ on a couple of the nights, but it was almost an hour of time investment to do so.

We did the dream shoot in 2012 on the Dream and we still treasure those photos. The photog's ability to capture emotion was just amazing.

Not much, but this is what I have...

34952728306_c05bdb97b6.jpg

34829102962_f4f6a7fa7a.jpg

Those are the only two pictures I have of the Alchemy Bar. It is located in the Ocean Plaza area, adjacent to the Taste Bar. On the other side, it runs into the back entrance to the Red Frog Pub with the Foosball table and shuffleboard table.

Awesome, thanks!

Thank you for the review. You were very articulate. We are thinking of booking next year on the breeze, and this helps. My only question is, will you go on the breeze again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We'd certainly consider it. We're on the east coast, so it would depend. If we don't, it isn't because of our experience on the ship, we had a great time.

I'd forgotten to post the price sheets for the Dreams sessions. In case anyone is considering it...

34861677890_3fc285e123_z.jpg

34404779514_459b2a42d4_z.jpg

34861678110_69b126efd0_z.jpg

I'm glad I didn't get talked into doing the Dreams Studio; I was asked and considered it a couple of times. I wouldn't have bought anything at those prices.

I'm glad I didn't get talked into doing the Dreams Studio; I was asked and considered it a couple of times. I wouldn't have bought anything at those prices.

Yeah. They were definitely a lot more than what we had been lead to believe. On the plus side, the photos were amazing, and we were able to negotiate. We still spent way too much, but the printed, matted photos really are high quality.

I'd forgotten to post the price sheets for the Dreams sessions. In case anyone is considering it...

34861677890_3fc285e123_z.jpg

34404779514_459b2a42d4_z.jpg

34861678110_69b126efd0_z.jpg

Whhhaaaaaaaa!!! Sooo either get some pictures or take a whole other cruise... good lort baby jebus! We spent like $150 on a small package last year and I thought that was a lot but $1200.. them things must really be something

Whhhaaaaaaaa!!! Sooo either get some pictures or take a whole other cruise... good lort baby jebus! We spent like $150 on a small package last year and I thought that was a lot but $1200.. them things must really be something

It's definitely not Target, Walmart, JC Penney's, Sears, or Picture People, that's for sure. We were blown away by the prices--which they show you only after they show you the photos in a slideshow, so you know just how good they are.