Meeting and then making life long friends on Regent cruises

WesW

One of the most meaningful reasons we love to cruise on Regent (and Silversea) is meeting and then developing life long friendships.

Hope by sharing the post below helps describe what a significant strong positive difference a cruise friendship can make in lives.

Today's cruise friendship post:

Ida and I had an exceptionally memorable lunch today with very good Atlanta friends Murray and Sonia Lynn.

We had not seen each other in over a year so our engaged conversation simply left me forgetting to have our waiter take a snap or two of all four of us enjoying our delish lunch at McKendricks steakhouse.

Murray and Sonia have made a difference in thousands of lives (as they both help tell Murray's story as an Auschwitz survivor when Murray was just 14 years old when interned) Now, Sonia helps schedule Murray's Survivor story (with dozens and dozens of Church's, Synagogues, Schools) as the demand to hear his personal story of survival in Auschwitz is in great demand in metro Atlanta and beyond.

We first met Murray and Sonia on a Regent Seven Seas Voyager cruise almost seven years ago. Ida found after talking with Sonia, that Sonia and my Aunt Laurel had worked together for years with the Greater Atlanta Hadassah organization. We then enjoyed many dinners together during our Regent cruise. Ida and I then surprised Murray and Sonia in early 2012 by showing up to hear for the first time Murray tell, his "Auschwitz Survivor" story at the Atlanta Breman Museum. Murray now often tells his Auschwitz Survivor story throughout Atlanta and beyond--doing what Sonia told me during our first meeting. Wes, "you have not heard the real Auschwitz story until you hear the story directly from a Survivor."

Please, take a moment to hear (read) an Auschwitz survivor's story directly from an extraordinary and truly example setting human being, Murray Lynn.

safe_image.php?d=AQAk_8l97ADp_q2z&w=158&h=237&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.atlantamagazine.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F12%2F2017%2F04%2F0517_MurrayLynn_RaymondMccreaJones_oneuseonly.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=37&sy=0&sw=883&sh=1325&_nc_hash=AQDkwnye0FplpyCD

Murray Lynn survived the Holocaust. His story might never be more essential to hear than now. - Atlanta Magazine

There is no telling how many more times Murray Lynn can do this—stand before a few hundred people and speak of it again. His father’s murder. His mother’s rape. The train to Auschwitz. His three brothers, all killed, along with his widowed mother. And Murray himself, at 14 years old, the lone surviv...

atlantamagazine.com

Wes, it's a tribute to your and Ida's open hearts that you make lifelong friends when you travel. You both have gregarious personalities and you generously share your knowledge and your lives with others.