Live From The Jewel!

MissingPhoebe

Oh thanks MissingPhoebe. It is so thoughtful of you to be willing to answer questions while on the ship! I do have one as to theme nights in the dining room. So far I know that Monday night is formal night with Lobster. Wednesday night is Carribean night and Saturday night is the Presidents dinner. Can you find out the rest? Is ther a way to get menus? Do you know what time they started boarding? Were there porters to take your baggage from the curb when you arrived on embarkation day? Again thanks!!!

Oh thanks MissingPhoebe. It is so thoughtful of you to be willing to answer questions while on the ship! I do have one as to theme nights in the dining room. So far I know that Monday night is formal night with Lobster. Wednesday night is Carribean night and Saturday night is the Presidents dinner. Can you find out the rest? Is ther a way to get menus? Do you know what time they started boarding? Were there porters to take your baggage from the curb when you arrived on embarkation day? Again thanks!!!

MissingPhoebe,

Be careful what you offer - some of the gentlemen here might just ask you to take photos inside the glass at the "Freestyle Sundeck" :eek: on a nice hot sunny seaday! :D

Hope you're enjoying the Jewel as much as all those who've reported recently. She seems to be a fabulous ship!

Pepper

Alonzo14,

For a seven night cruise the themes are as follows:

Sunday - Bon Voyage - Resort Casual

Monday - Captains Gala Dinner - Formal Night (Lobster Night on our cruise)

Tuesday - Chef's Dinner - Resort Casual

Wednesday - Caribbean Dinner - Resort Casual

Thursday - Italian Dinner - Resort Casual

Friday - Captains Farewell Dinner - Resort Casual

Saturday - Mediterranean - Resort Casual (They no longer do the president's dinner)

Our cruise started boarding at 1:00pm There was a seperate line for 14th Floor room and Latitudes members. It was much shorter than the main line. Yes there were porters taking luggage from the curb. (The luggage may take up until 8pm to get to your room, so if you're on a lower level bring a bathing suit with your carry on.) As far as the menus go, they change all the time. The best bet is to go to the Dinner Reservation desk and ask to see what menu's they have.

Curiouscat,

Reservations are always the best way to go.....But we didn't really have a problem with getting in anywhere. For the main dining rooms you can't make reservations. They give you a pager that will work anywhere on the ship to let you know when your table is ready. The longest wait we heard of was 40 minutes. The alternate was dining great. Tapas and Sushi almost never had a wait. Cagney's and Le Bistro were incredible. Get the strawberry desert in Le Bistro. The filet at Tepanyaki was a little overdone but everything else was fantastic. For the specialty restaurants make your reservations early as they tend to fill up quickly.

Gcdogwalker,

Pictures will we forthcoming. With the internet access on the ship it would take to long to upload. When I get back to land I'll post them. However, if you look in the brochure for at the pictures of the inside stateroom except the back wall has two windows instead of a mirror.

WaldosPepper,

I've got a few pics from the pool, but I tried to get as few people as possible. =)

-Missing Phoebe

Is it possible you could post a picture of an oceanview cabin? I can't seem to find one anyplace.

BF and I are also booked in an Oceanview, and have never seen pictures.

Missing Phoebe, you say it looks like an inside cabin, but with 2 windows. When I look at pictures of the Jewel from the outside. It has only one window? Are there some with 1 and 2 windows?

What floor is your room on? I snuck into several rooms on the 8th and 5th floors.When you look at the ship from the outside you can't see the window on the 8th floor, all you see are the life boats. Some of the cabins on the 8th floor have the large picture window and some have the two small windows. I'm not really sure on the difference. We also took a picture of one of the port hole windows on deck 5. It will be posted when we get back home. From what we've seen no matter what oceanview stateroom you get they all look the same. The only difference is the window.

-MissingPhoebe

Hi Everyone. I am live on the NCL Jewel with camera in hand and as much info as you would like. Please let me know what you would like to see or what you would like me to find out and I will do as best as I can to deliver.

You are so kind to post.

Enjoy every minute of the warm weather:) and of the Jewel..hope your cruise lasts FOREVER;)

What floor is your room on? I snuck into several rooms on the 8th and 5th floors.When you look at the ship from the outside you can't see the window on the 8th floor, all you see are the life boats. Some of the cabins on the 8th floor have the large picture window and some have the two small windows. I'm not really sure on the difference. We also took a picture of one of the port hole windows on deck 5. It will be posted when we get back home. From what we've seen no matter what oceanview stateroom you get they all look the same. The only difference is the window.

-MissingPhoebe

We are on deck 8. Thank you so much for taking the time to address our concerns. You are the best! I hope we haven't put to much aggrevation on you. Shame on us!! Enjoy the rest of your cruise. Can't wait to see pics after you are home.

BF and I are also booked in an Oceanview, and have never seen pictures.

Missing Phoebe, you say it looks like an inside cabin, but with 2 windows. When I look at pictures of the Jewel from the outside. It has only one window? Are there some with 1 and 2 windows?

Deck 8 obstructed view have two tall and narrow windows. Here is a link to some but not the best pictures of one.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b308/goldryder/

Also here are good pictures of a standard outside deck 4

http://magwa.fotki.com/cruising/norwegian_jewel_2005/cabin_4528/

765310567_outside8068.jpg.48d6e13700f08a1a3025645dddbb250b.jpg

Skipped GSC and substituted Nassau-what an inconvenience! NCL must've known in advance that they couldn't cruise that itinery. Will they do the right thing and give everyone a huge OBC and a full refund? LOL

2 weeks & a wakeup till I'm on the Jewel

-Monte

Looks like the Jewel went to Nassau today instead of GSC.

Thats too bad. My family LOVED GSC....even though it was an overcast day. My 3 1/2 year old son got to dance on the beach with his girlfriend from Montana (yes, we got pics and video) and we also got to feed the fish- at waist level water no less.

I wonder why the Jewel passed GSC??

Archived