Very First Cruise-Dress Code Help, Please

pugmadkate

No, I'm saying that say that an event with a "host" implies that there is someone other than the guests paying for the event. Another example, you wouldn't expect to pay for a wedding rehearsal dinner would you?

The hospitality industry can call itself by whatever name it wishes. But as long as it charges for it's product, it isn't a "host".

Actually, I went to a rehearsal dinner last month and we were all told that we were expected to pay for our own dinners. I haven’t been to one in some time so I just assumed it was a new trend.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know reading through this thread and most others, I have come to the conclusion that Rodney Dangerfield was right ... there’s no respect.

R.I.P respect and along with it courtesy. Why can we no longer disagree with someone without ripping them to shreds?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Couldn`t agree with both of you any more!

For my part, I have long put away any importance or credence in anything written on CC by someone who has chosen to identify their interests on Cruise Critic as ``arrogant know-it-all and moralizing codger`, in their own words. Check it out, it`s on their profile.

Looks like he quickly changed that... Lol! :')

Looks like he quickly changed that... Lol! :')
Heck yeah... knowing that a certain set of people were heading to my profile to read it, I changed it to something they needed to read.

Incidentally, that older line was some name-calling someone spewed at me a while back. Gotta love the creative name-calling some folks stoop to.

Heck yeah... knowing that a certain set of people were heading to my profile to read it, I changed it to something they needed to read.

Incidentally, that older line was some name-calling someone spewed at me a while back. Gotta love the creative name-calling some folks stoop to.

You still haven't told us what 'Tsk' means.. :confused:

You still haven't told us what 'Tsk' means.. :confused:

It's the word to describe that sound you make while shaking your head, holding your head so your nose is up, when you see someone walking into the MDR with what you feel is less-than-acceptable attire. Usually done in groupings of two to four. Look it up in any online dictionary and you'll see a definition similar to this one I found with a 5 second search: "Tsk is a sound made by quickly releasing the tongue from the top of the mouth to express disapproval or criticism."

(tried to make the definition relevant to the discussion) ;)