1222 for JS on Liberty? Should I?

Galveston isn't bad if you drive but I can see where flying in is a pain.

We have stayed at Hobby at least twice and it's not that bad and I am picky. It's not a fancy area but we feel safe. We do not leave anything in the car. There is not much to eat around there so consider that when you reserve a hotel. You may be eating at the hotel itself.

Now that uber can drive you back and forth it should be better. Hotels in Galveston are nicer but more expensive then sometimes downtown Houston.

To the op - I'd probably go for the JR suite for the double points in this case. We too are Diamond + forever...and would rather cruise more often then upgrade.

I fly into Bush (the airport - not the former president or some random green plant) because that is the only way I'll get a non-stop from California. I stay near the galleria. Twice I have ended up in the same hotel for next to nothing via Hotwire. The rooms are true two rooms suites (a sitting room with a TV and a wet bar and a separate bedroom which also has a TV).

I take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, but then get a limo for the ride out to the dock. The limo costs the same as the taxi and is more comfortable.

Thanks to the clever post, I contacted said TA and was able to get the JS total to 1149pp and gratuities thrown in. So with D Balc discount I'm saving close to $400. Also, RC website wasn't letting me book 1706 AFT JS on Liberty because it's a 3-person room. TA was able to - so I jumped on it! 20 cruises and I've never used a TA. Hopefully this will be the start to a good relationship. Thanks for all of your advice :*

Yes, to clarify, the price is $1222 per person on an August 20 sailing. This would put us in line for Diamond Plus on our March 2018 cruise on Anthem due to the double points for the JS this summer!

It's a very good price. Uber is back in Galveston for pick up & drop off as is Lyft. The expansion of the new pier is good as well. As far as the two night minimum, there are some hotels that do not require this. But we always arrive a couple of days early wherever we cruise from. But that's us. Also, keep in mind that this time frame is the height of tropical storm and hurricane season in the Gulf. But go for it and have a great time.

Thanks to the clever post, I contacted said TA and was able to get the JS total to 1149pp and gratuities thrown in. So with D Balc discount I'm saving close to $400. Also, RC website wasn't letting me book 1706 AFT JS on Liberty because it's a 3-person room. TA was able to - so I jumped on it! 20 cruises and I've never used a TA. Hopefully this will be the start to a good relationship. Thanks for all of your advice :*

I noticed 1706 became open, and then was gone again on the German website. So it's yours! We are sailing that week as well. That clever TA has eight of our nine current cruise bookings!

Come and join our Aug 20 Roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326232

It's a very good price. Uber is back in Galveston for pick up & drop off as is Lyft. The expansion of the new pier is good as well. As far as the two night minimum, there are some hotels that do not require this. But we always arrive a couple of days early wherever we cruise from. But that's us. Also, keep in mind that this time frame is the height of tropical storm and hurricane season in the Gulf. But go for it and have a great time.

I appreciate this. Because Lyft and Uber are available we are going to take advantage of being downtown at the Aloft. We arrive on the 19th from a prior week in Vegas on around noon. I like to be able to walk to restaurants and bars. Looking forward to it!