Nassau on the cheap?

CruiseMelissa

You can also take the #10 jitney to the fish fry. At that age my kids loved all forms of public transportation. Maybe the water taxi to cabbage beach? I'm not sure how far the public beach access is, but it's beautiful.

I wouldn't take small children to Cabbage Beach without finding out the conditions first. The waves can be really large and rough some days with some undertow. If they just want to play in the sand, that would be ok.

If you're going to the Fish Fry for lunch, you could combine that with a visit to Ardastra Gardens and Zoo: http://www.ardastra.com/ It's a small zoo but the lorry parrots and flamingos are fun.

Your cheapest option is Junkanoo Beach, which is within walking distance of the port.

Walk to the Pirate museum, do a tour there, then go to Junkanoo Beach for awhile to let them swim. The Fish Fry would also be good and could be combined with these ideas or replace one or more of them.

I agree that the water at Cabbage Beach can be too rough for little ones. There are also no facilities nearby. It is beautiful though.

I know that cabbage beach can be rough, we lucked out last week and it was calm as a swimming, I was just hoping it would be calm enough to wade. Yes, no facilities, but if you just wanted an adventure for a couple of hours, a water taxi ride coupled with a walk on a beautiful beach would be nice.