Successful Shore Excursion Price Match Guarantee

jb008

I just returned from an Alaska Northbound cruise on Coral. I'm happy to share that I received a price match refund on the Princess' "Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway" excursion against a 3rd party's "Yukon Rail and Bus" tour priced at $186pp. Interesting to note, the Princess description listed 8h while the 3rd party listed a duration of 7.5 hours but the price match was still approved.

If others want to post their success stories, this might be a useful resource for future cruisers.

• Like 1

For my Alaska bound cruise on Coral Princess, Ketchikan, I received a price match refund for the 'Neets Bay Bear Watch & Flight' $389.95 against the actual provider of the tour Promech Air 'Neets Bay Bear Watch by Floatplane' $339. I now have $56.05 on-board credit awaiting :)

so jb008, you received a refund afterward and JULIE A A, yours was price matched beforehand?

No, I followed the price match process and submitted my form 8 days before the sailing. I never heard back anything, but the OBC had posted to my account so that's the only way I figured out it was approved.

Fine print on the program is available on the P'cess website - http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/shore_excursions_faq/best-price-guarantee.html

No, I followed the price match process and submitted my form 8 days before the sailing. I never heard back anything, but the OBC had posted to my account so that's the only way I figured out it was approved.

Fine print on the program is available on the P'cess website - http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/shore_excursions_faq/best-price-guarantee.html

thanks for the link and i'm glad it worked for you!

so jb008, you received a refund afterward and JULIE A A, yours was price matched beforehand?

I sail in September but have booked and paid for my excursions, found a cheaper price and tried my luck - it was approved. The OBC will be listed on my account when I cruise.

I received price matches on 2 of our excursions on our last cruise. Problems I had: Booked Germaine's luau, through princess, with the intention of PMing. Through Germaine's luau, the time was listed as 4.5 hours, but through princess it was listed at 6 hours. Princess counts the transportation time as part of the excursion, while Germaine's luau didn't. I was originally denied the PM, UNTIL I went on princesses facebook page and complained publicly. POOF it was approved. So be persistent and don't be afraid to go public when you know you're right.

• Like 1

Just had a couple of mine approved for Crown Med cruise in July (about $150 in credit)

funnily enough, one was originally rejected, however the shore-ex agent who responded post a link to another excursion provider and 'suggested' I tried again with this one - and guess what ;-)

• 1 month later...

I respectfully suggest people explicitly list the PRINCESS tour that you got price matched, and then list the exact price of the competitor's tour (but NOT the 3rd party operator). That might help people who are really intent on looking get a better shot at the price match, but should avoid running afoul of either the letter or spirit of the community guidelines.

I respectfully suggest people explicitly list the PRINCESS tour that you got price matched, and then list the exact price of the competitor's tour (but NOT the 3rd party operator). That might help people who are really intent on looking get a better shot at the price match, but should avoid running afoul of either the letter or spirit of the community guidelines.

Community guidelines prohibit naming travel agents or others who sell cruises.

Naming local companies that sell independent shore excursions is permitted.

I just returned from an Alaska Northbound cruise on Coral. I'm happy to share that I received a price match refund on the Princess' "Yukon Expedition & White Pass Scenic Railway" excursion against a 3rd party's "Yukon Rail and Bus" tour priced at $186pp. Interesting to note, the Princess description listed 8h while the 3rd party listed a duration of 7.5 hours but the price match was still approved.

If others want to post their success stories, this might be a useful resource for future cruisers.

Happy Happy good for you!!! :D :D

Tony

Community guidelines prohibit naming travel agents or others who sell cruises.

Naming local companies that sell independent shore excursions is permitted.

Thanks - wasn't sure how that would go over on a non-port section.

One rationale for making people do a little leg work is to also protect the price match opportunity by not flooding Princess with so many requests that they get more stringent/drop the program.

I received price matches on 2 of our excursions on our last cruise. Problems I had: Booked Germaine's luau, through princess, with the intention of PMing. Through Germaine's luau, the time was listed as 4.5 hours, but through princess it was listed at 6 hours. Princess counts the transportation time as part of the excursion, while Germaine's luau didn't. I was originally denied the PM, UNTIL I went on princesses facebook page and complained publicly. POOF it was approved. So be persistent and don't be afraid to go public when you know you're right.

My Germaine's Luau was matched. I used the price with transportation and they approved it.

• Like 1

Can you get a price match after the cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately no, and in fact requests have to be submitted at least 7 days prior to embarkation. I submitted just before the cutoff and never got a reply from PCL (though the OBC was on my account).

I read about the new price match policy here on CC. I was sure that I would complete the form and never hear from Princess. I have to say I was very happy today when I got the email from Princess saying that my price match was approved!! Just another reason why I LOVE Cruise Critic!! Thanks again for the tip.