Please help me do this Voom/Diamond math

My family of four is about to embark on a B2B on the Allure. I have booked everything in advance except for potential Internet for the kids. Here is the sitch:

My husband and I, both Diamond, are in a GS. We have complimentary Internet but, I assume, will also get a total of 2 days' free Internet vouchers.

Our two sons, also Diamond, are sailing in a connecting balcony (D6). We are interested in Voom for them and I was thinking I would buy the 2-device package for them in advance and just be done with it (no fighting, no fiddlyness -- these guys are just not in a sharing space right now :D).

But then I thought, Do under-18 Diamonds also get Internet vouchers? If so, I could buy one kid a 1-device Voom package, and for the other kid, cobble together a week's worth of Internet with our four Diamond vouchers.

N.B. We all shared a single, 2-device package last time and it was a nightmare of constantly logging in, logging out, getting locked out, suddenly being unable to do something important on our phones while separated, sibling stress, parental stress, yadda yada. Usually just because we all wanted to use the Internet mainly at night in the cabin after an exhausting day in the pool/in the sun/on shore/whatever. Plus, my husband and I both might have to check in for work stuff on the spur of the moment.

The current pricing for our 2 cruise weeks:

VOOM - 1 device: $14.39/day

Total: $100.73 per cruise

VOOM - 2 devices: $28.58/day

Total: $179.06 per cruise

VOOM - 1 device + however many Diamond vouchers: ?

Total: ??

Plus, what about tax? Is it 18% both in advance and on the ship?

Thanks in advance for ideas!

C&A members under age 18 do not get any internet vouchers.

No 18% gratuity charged on internet packages.

Thanks for that info.

I just checked the RCI page and saw that youth C&A members do receive a 10% discount on Internet packages. I'm still thinking of combining the 2 free day offers + later purchase discount (reduced price after the first day) + that additional 10% discount .... Though at this rate, my time spent poring over this has probably cost more than any actual savings! :')

Also VOOM without streaming (only surfing) cost less.

I had it for $9 per day on Anthem for 9 days.

Side note- a lot of times they will offer a mid-cruise or end of cruise special on internet packages. On Oasis last month, on Thursday they offered the remainder of the voyage (2 port days and one sea day) for around $30.

My family of four is about to embark on a B2B on the Allure. I have booked everything in advance except for potential Internet for the kids. Here is the sitch:

My husband and I, both Diamond, are in a GS. We have complimentary Internet but, I assume, will also get a total of 2 days' free Internet vouchers.

Our two sons, also Diamond, are sailing in a connecting balcony (D6). We are interested in Voom for them and I was thinking I would buy the 2-device package for them in advance and just be done with it (no fighting, no fiddlyness -- these guys are just not in a sharing space right now :D).

But then I thought, Do under-18 Diamonds also get Internet vouchers? If so, I could buy one kid a 1-device Voom package, and for the other kid, cobble together a week's worth of Internet with our four Diamond vouchers.

N.B. We all shared a single, 2-device package last time and it was a nightmare of constantly logging in, logging out, getting locked out, suddenly being unable to do something important on our phones while separated, sibling stress, parental stress, yadda yada. Usually just because we all wanted to use the Internet mainly at night in the cabin after an exhausting day in the pool/in the sun/on shore/whatever. Plus, my husband and I both might have to check in for work stuff on the spur of the moment.

The current pricing for our 2 cruise weeks:

VOOM - 1 device: $14.39/day

Total: $100.73 per cruise

VOOM - 2 devices: $28.58/day

Total: $179.06 per cruise

VOOM - 1 device + however many Diamond vouchers: ?

Total: ??

Plus, what about tax? Is it 18% both in advance and on the ship?

Thanks in advance for ideas!

By the way the 2 devices come to $200.06 (28.58 X 7).

By the way the 2 devices come to $200.06 (28.58 X 7).

Oops, you're right. I meant to type that 2 devices = $25.58/day.

BTW I wish I had been thinking more seriously about this back when I booked everything else. I noticed a $40+ difference in the pricing for the refreshment package, for instance. What was I thinking not taking advantage of the 30% off sale?!

Thanks for your replies. :)

Oops, you're right. I meant to type that 2 devices = $25.58/day.

BTW I wish I had been thinking more seriously about this back when I booked everything else. I noticed a $40+ difference in the pricing for the refreshment package, for instance. What was I thinking not taking advantage of the 30% off sale?!

Thanks for your replies. :)

Keep checking, prices can still go down.

Side note- a lot of times they will offer a mid-cruise or end of cruise special on internet packages. On Oasis last month, on Thursday they offered the remainder of the voyage (2 port days and one sea day) for around $30.

The remaining days offer is always available until two days to go with each day decreasing the cost by the daily rate. So a D can get the last two days of Surf for $6 (2 x$13 -20).:cool: