Is This New Or Normal For Seattle?

CATGUY7

IMPORTANT NOTICES

EMBARKATION UPDATE

As a reminder, check-in for your cruise begins at 1:00 PM. For our guests who wish to drop off their luggage early, please be advised that luggage drop off is not available until 11:00 AM. Until that time, the cruise terminal will remain closed while guests are still disembarking from the previous voyage.

After 11:00 AM, you will be able to drop off your luggage so that you may enjoy Seattle before returning for your scheduled progressive check-in time. Please refer to your Progressive Cruise Check-In Information for details.

Edited by CATGUY7
No edit

IMPORTANT NOTICES

EMBARKATION UPDATE

As a reminder, check-in for your cruise begins at 1:00 PM. For our guests who wish to drop off their luggage early, please be advised that luggage drop off is not available until 11:00 AM. Until that time, the cruise terminal will remain closed while guests are still disembarking from the previous voyage.

After 11:00 AM, you will be able to drop off your luggage so that you may enjoy Seattle before returning for your scheduled progressive check-in time. Please refer to your Progressive Cruise Check-In Information for details.

Looks new.

New, but they've had stevedoring challenges early in this season.

Good to know. I was hoping it wasn't just Princess cracking down on the Progressive Check-In.

The challenge in Seattle (unlike LA or Vancouver) is that the space for arriving luggage, the building access and the space for departing luggage is all bunched up in about 50 feet of space adjacent to a crowded driveway. It's not awful, but it leads to a lot of crowding in a small space. There is VERY limited seating pre-security and not much standing room either.

Even if someone intends to drop bags and go out of the terminal area for whatever reason, the load/unload zone is frequently crowded as late as 10:30.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

EMBARKATION UPDATE

The ships have been late disembarking passengers so far this season which has resulted in getting all the disembarking passengers off the pier to make way for the embarking passengers. Normally the "zero-count" point has been reached by 10:30am or so but that has not been the case this year. Thus the delay in being able to process bags for embarking cruisers.

Tom

Bags larger than carry-on size need to be checked and will not be allowed upstairs.

Tom

In Florida if they fit through the scanner you can carry them. I've been questioned a number of times & when I tell them I always carry them with me they tell me it's fine.