Upsell on the Explorer

smg4412

We're scheduled to embark this Wednesday on a Baltic cruise on the Explorer. We were just offered an "upsell" to a Seven Seas Suite (702). We currently have a Penthouse A Suite (1405) reserved. The price to upgrade is reasonable, so we're considering it. Anyone knowledgeable about the Seven Seas Suite and this location? I know it has only one bathroom, but that is not a big deal to us. Any opinions (pro and con) would be appreciated... Thanks, Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While not familiar with this particular suite, we have toured almost all of the different suites on the Explorer (except for Category "H"). IMO, the Seven Seas Suite sare dramatically better than the PH suites. On the other hand, deck 14 is really nice although it feels the "motion of the ocean" more than on other decks and the aft elevator will not take you to deck 14.

The Seven Seas Suite has a larger and better laid out living room, a larger closet, a bathtub and shower instead of a shower only. While the Explorer is our favorite ship, we would not stay in a PH suite but would love to book a Seven Seas suite.

These offers go quickly so if there is any interest, I would contact my TA or Regent ASAP.

In a review entitled, "Never Again," the reviewer had this to say about SS 701 (identical to SS 702):

"Most disappointing!! Could not stand up at end of bed because of slanting ceiling. Worst noise caused by ship arriving or leaving port that we've ever experienced (in over 25 cruises).Terrible sewage smell every night. Don't book 701 0r 702."

Hope this helps.

Thank you both for your input. DaveFr, it looks like we went ahead and accepted the upsell prior to seeing your reply. This was done with the encouragement of our TA (who is pretty knowledgeable when it comes to regent). I guess more will be revealed!! Hopefully the sewage and noise problems were "one time" occurances. Also, I'm 5'8" tall. I'm hoping the reviewer is 6'6" [emoji4]. As I tell myself, which cabin we're in is strictly a "quality problem"!! At the end of the day.. one is still sailing on the Explorer!! Thanks again..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by smg4412

I suspect that any sewage smell issues have been resolved. From our experience, any forward suite has noise in the morning when docking or tendering. It isn't like it goes on all day. I think that your decision was a good one. Enjoy your cruise!:D