How is room at the back of Zenith?

Luvtotrav

We are booked for a January cruise on the Zenith and we booked a room on the very back of ship on floor 5. Is there much vibration from engines? How is the view? Anyone who has experienced this area of the ship, please respond.

Thanks,

From Minnesota

We were on Deck 4 Aft of the Horizon this past spring and it turned out to be a great location. Everything we needed was directly above us. There was definitely some engine noise, especially when pulling into the ports in the early morning. It was OK though - kind of like an unoffical "wake-up call".

• 2 weeks later...

We were in 5149 on Nov 10 sailing.

There is significant noise from the Thrusters used to dock. If you don't like being awakened early (4AM?) pick room further forward.

This room was also very close to the KIDS activity center, but little noise due to not many kids on this sailing.

Any other specific questions???

What is the Zenith like? We are considering it to Bermuda from NYC. We haven't been on X in years - back on Century and Galaxy. Since then, we have been on HAL and have liked her very much - Zuiderdam, Rotterdam and Zaandam. Probably Rotterdam was our favorite, then Zuiderdam. What will Zenith be like? We are 44 with two kids ages 13 and 11. Please describe ship's qualities, food and service, especially recent travellers. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Zenith Labor Day 05 and Europa deck(5th floor) aft. We had a great time and hope to return same time 06. Our room was almost directly across --Starboard side-- from the aft elevators. My DH said he heard some noise from the engines and vibrations at times--going in and out of port, but I noticed NONE and am a fairly sensitive person.

As I said--we had a wonderful experience, if you have specific questions I will be glad to answer. :)

We had an inside cabin on Zenith aft. Engine noise and vibration were extreme. Can't remember what deck we were on, but it was one of the lower deck. Even with all the noise, we had a wonderful cruise and have since returned to the Zenith, but in the center on a higher deck :)

What is the Zenith like? We are considering it to Bermuda from NYC.

Stef: I have done this cruise twice and really enjoyed it both times.... mainly because of the destination and the fact that Zenith docks in Hamilton and St. George. It is an older, smaller ship, but still a first class experience and a well maintained ship. It has gone into drydock since we were on it, and hopefully they did some work on sprucing up the decor in the cabins (which was my only complaint.)

Not sure if you have checked the Reviews section of CC (from blue panel at the top), but here is a link to member reviews of Zenith: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=19

Also, if you do a search for "Zenith" on this board, there are a lot of recent threads re Zenith which will give you an idea of what she is like.

Archived