10:30-11:00 check in time Dream New Orleans-inherent issues?

steve4031

It looks I snoozed and missed on faster to the fun because it's now sold out. I selected this time out if habit f wanting to arrive asap to board. Is there any inherent issues I should be aware of selecting the earliest time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am interested in this too. 10:30 arrival window seems a bit early... ( though it is what I selected as well )

What time do they finish debarking the previous cruise? Will they let us on that early? or is it just to get us through the check in process and then be prepared to wait?

The biggest inherent problem I could see is port traffic. We sailed the Dream just months before it started Staggered Check-in, but keep following multiple boards for a future cruise from NOLA. Regardless of if it's a Dream or Triumph thread or review the early arrivals seem to complain that those with later check-in times show up early to drop their luggage with the porters or the luggage keeper service there before heading off to do "fill-in the time" sightseeing or just plain try to buck the system before being told to wait outside for their check-in time.

If 10:30-11 is the earliest time for your sailing you will process in then be given a zone # unless you get priority (FttF, Diamond/Platinum in your cabin, or suites) just how it's always been. But as long as you do get inside the terminal during you time slot you should get a nice low zone number that will be called after the Wedding Party, B2B passengers, and Diamond/Platinum/suites, and FttF that are already waiting board. Since here are many reasons the ship could have delayed boarding it is impossible to gauge exactly when boarding should begin. But for the most part it should start 3-4 hours after the ship has docked and started disembarking it's previous passengers.

We sailed on the Dream last month and had 10:30 check in. It was easy! We did not have faster to the fun. They started boarding around 11:30 and my group (we're gold so we were in I think boarding group 25 or so) was onboard by 12:15 and my husband and I were eating by 12:30. Our rooms were not ready until 1:30 but we only had to wait approx 8 minutes (I remember checking watch).

We will be staying at the Hilton Riverside or Waldorf astoria. So getting to the point rt y should not be too bad we we I'll take a Lyft or Uber.

We sailed on the Dream last month and had 10:30 check in. It was easy! We did not have faster to the fun. They started boarding around 11:30 and my group (we're gold so we were in I think boarding group 25 or so) was onboard by 12:15 and my husband and I were eating by 12:30. Our rooms were not ready until 1:30 but we only had to wait approx 8 minutes (I remember checking watch).

Your gold status had nothing to do with your boarding group. You had an early check in and were assigned a boarding group based on the number of people that check in before you. There could have easily been a blue card holder with the same boarding group.

Boarding starts AFTER Customs declares it is ok for boarding. Maybe there will be problems getting the previous cruisers off the ship, maybe not. Some people are just jot in a hurry to get off, and delay as long as possible.

It looks I snoozed and missed on faster to the fun because it's now sold out. I selected this time out if habit f wanting to arrive asap to board. Is there any inherent issues I should be aware of selecting the earliest time?

I would keep checking back to see it someone cancelled. I was unaware of FTTF and found out about it from my cousin the day before our cruise. Was able to get it.

I am interested in this too. 10:30 arrival window seems a bit early... ( though it is what I selected as well )

What time do they finish debarking the previous cruise? Will they let us on that early? or is it just to get us through the check in process and then be prepared to wait?

Check-in time is different from boarding time. The 10:30 arrival window is the earliest time you will be allowed to enter the building and begin the check-in process. But you can also arrive later, even at 2:00pm.

Your gold status had nothing to do with your boarding group. You had an early check in and were assigned a boarding group based on the number of people that check in before you. There could have easily been a blue card holder with the same boarding group.

Oh I realize that, didn't mean to imply that it had anything to do with it. Just was trying to say we were not priority boarding. Just trying to say it was a very quick process! :)

We had that check in time in March on the Dream and we got zone 5 or 6 and didn't have to wait very long at all. The wait didn't seem that long once we got checked in and seated. They even have a little snack bar to purchase something if you're hungry or thirsty.

Just completed our on-line check in this morning and was able to request a 10:00-10:30am check in time.... we are platinum so just trying to confirm that we will then get to board??

I was so excited that this was an option as I was a tad behind schedule in doing the paperwork... on the exciting side tho is all reservations, planning, excursions are done - checked and double checked and now its just the count down :) (and of course keep up to date with Cruise Critic! :)

Depending on the Port boarding process will probably not start until about 11:00. However you will board right after wedding parties if there are any. Some ports let Diamond Platinum and FTTF all board at once, some board Diamond then Platinum then FTTF