Kids Thanksgiving Rotterdam

Showtune

We are sailing the Rotterdam over Thanksgiving 2017. For those of you that have done a Thanksgiving week cruise on HAL, were there a decent amount of children on board? Our son will be 8 at the time of sailing. I know the numbers will be nothing like Carnival, Disney, NCL, or RCI, but hoping he won't be without peers.

We have sailed twice during Thanksgiving on HAL signature class ships. Both times there were quite a few multi-generational families on board. I would guess around 60 children. To put this in perspective, the Eurodam and Nieuw Amesterdam passenger capacities are near 2100 and the Rotterdam is 1400.

We have sailed twice during Thanksgiving on HAL signature class ships. Both times there were quite a few multi-generational families on board. I would guess around 60 children. To put this in perspective, the Eurodam and Nieuw Amesterdam passenger capacities are near 2100 and the Rotterdam is 1400.

On the Zuiderdam last Dec - I thought there were 15-20 kids aboard .... when I asked I was told there were close to 100 but they were busy in the kids programs.:)

Our 9 year old daughter will be onboard.

Wonderful! Our kids will be in the same group.

Thank you for the replies everyone. We are indeed travelling as a multi-generational group (myself, my wife, my parents, our son).

We cruised the Westerdam two consecutive Thanksgivings (2014 and 2015). 2014 there were about 175 kids, 2015 there were 225. Both occasions they brought in extra Club HAL staff to manage the holiday influx. Westerdam is slightly larger than the Rotterdam, but I'm guessing you'll still have 100+.

Itinerary length will also be a factor as 7 day holiday cruises will have more multi-generational families (and kids) than say a 10 or 14 day sailing.