Celebrity Reflection May 29th - Mini Review

strachan01

Thanks for your review, we disembarked Reflection the day you boarded.

We think it's one of our favourite ships too.

So agree with your review of Qsine, we were defeated after 4 courses on our first visit and never made dessert. The next time we planned better!

The silent discos are fun aren't they?

More importantly, so glad you enjoyed your time on Reflection.

Hi there, great review, we are doing this cruise at the end of July. We are planning to do the Cinque Terre, I was under the impression that two of the paths are closed at the moment, was this not the case. We are planning to walk as many as possible. Is this doable, or will we not be able to enjoy each little town. Also did you use the ferry at all, is it included on the pass you got. One more question, where did you buy your cinque terre pass. Thanks

Hi there, great review, we are doing this cruise at the end of July. We are planning to do the Cinque Terre, I was under the impression that two of the paths are closed at the moment, was this not the case. We are planning to walk as many as possible. Is this doable, or will we not be able to enjoy each little town. Also did you use the ferry at all, is it included on the pass you got. One more question, where did you buy your cinque terre pass. Thanks

Hi, thanks for your comments. yes you are correct, 2 of the main paths which connect the first 3 villages are closed due to landslides, however there are other alternative paths that connect tbe towns. To be honest, completing the whole walk would be very tiring and not give you any real time to visit the towns. I would recommend doing 2 or 3 of the trails as this will allow you time at the town's.

We did not use the ferry purely because of time, it is not included in the ticket cost either. We just used the train as it was quick and regular for getting between the town's. we bought the Cinque Terre passes at the cruise terminal after you got off the port bus, it was the last stall in the terminal. The tickets were either 16 or 18 euros each, can't remember for sure. I believe it is possible to buy single tickets and trail entry for cheaper, but buying the passes just made everything hassle free and we did not have to queue at the train stations for tickets.

Thanks so much for the info, do you recommend any good beaches on the walk! Looking so forward to this!

No problem, there is no beaches on the walk as such, the walk is mainly at height through the cliffs between the towns. The only beaches are at the towns themselves. There is a really small beac at Vernazza, however the most popular and largest was at Monterosso.

Thanks for your review, we disembarked Reflection the day you boarded.

We think it's one of our favourite ships too.

So agree with your review of Qsine, we were defeated after 4 courses on our first visit and never made dessert. The next time we planned better!

The silent discos are fun aren't they?

More importantly, so glad you enjoyed your time on Reflection.

We did try eat lighter for Qsine too but that still didnt seem to work! haha

Yes, the silent disco we went to was great fun, think it surprised a few people. We were disappointed to miss out on the silent disco in the solarium though, will definitely try it next time.

Definitely, the cruise was so good that we have changed our Freedom of seas Med cruise in October to an Equinox cruise from the caribbean. We also booked part of our honeymoon onboard the ship for a southern Caribbean on the Equinox next year!

No problem, there is no beaches on the walk as such, the walk is mainly at height through the cliffs between the towns. The only beaches are at the towns themselves. There is a really small beac at Vernazza, however the most popular and largest was at Monterosso.

Thanks so much!!1:D

Sorry one more question if you don't mind.....When were your evening chic nights? Just trying to figure which nights we may want to go to a specialty restaurant.

Thanks again for all your insight!

Patti

• 9 months later...
I know it was a while ago but did Celebraty bring on any entertainment on your overnight in Barcelona?

We were on the cruise with an overnight in Spain, last summer, I don’t recall seeing any entertainment that was brought on, there were dancers by the pool, but I just assumed they were from the entertainment from the boat. Sorry Im no help;p

We were on the cruise with an overnight in Spain, last summer, I don’t recall seeing any entertainment that was brought on, there were dancers by the pool, but I just assumed they were from the entertainment from the boat. Sorry Im no help;p

No entertainment on ours. What a difference a few months made eh :o? The OP’s review is totally different to ours and your experience of Reflection last year :eek:!

Btw, hope you caught my reply on the other thread, together with the photos of the aft C1 cabins on Connie?

No entertainment on ours. What a difference a few months made eh :o? The OP’s review is totally different to ours and your experience of Reflection last year :eek:!

Btw, hope you caught my reply on the other thread, together with the photos of the aft C1 cabins on Connie?

No but I’m going to look now!! Thanks

I can’t find the thread!!! Help lol:o

Thank you and wow those balconies are huge!!! What is the difference between C1 and C3, we always seem to get C3, we have never been given an upgrade.

If you pay for a C3, you get a C2 cabin anyway under the Captain’s Club one category free upgrade (obviously, not if you book a GTY). C1s are not in the offer and you have to pay the going rate, however, the aft balconies are much larger than the standard balconies and are partially covered, so don’t have the issues that some S class aft balconies do of being overlooked and fully open to the elements ;). Personally, I’d much rather have a C1 or a corner FV on M class ships - only one to beat the FV is the PH :).

• 3 weeks later...
Day 3– La Spezia

This was a great port for us, we opted to do the Cinque Terre and were not disappointed with the views. We bought the Cinque Terra card which allowed us to use the local train, wifi and access all the walking trails.

We did a few of the trails before opting to take the train to visit the remaining villages. It took us around 25 minutes to return to La Spezia from the furthest away village.

Once we got back to the ship we headed to the lawn and just relaxed before heading back to the room to get ready for the evening.

We went to the MDR once again and could not fault the food, this was the same for the entire cruise.

I know it has been a while now, but I am going on this exact same itinerary essentially the exact same dates (May 28th-June 8th) this year. A few questions and hopefully you can remember - thanks in advance!

1. What time was All-Aboard vs. Departure, especially for La Spezia? This is my first Med. cruise, last year did Caribbean on the Reflection and I think all-aboard was typically 15 mins before the scheduled departure but I can't find much online regarding these ports-of-call. I know Villefranche as a tender port will likely be a bit earlier, maybe 45 mins ahead of departure for the last tender?

2. How was tendering off at Villefranche? We are not taking a ship excursion and are not in a suite and not statused (yet), so we won't get priority. When did they start offering tender tickets (was it the night before since it's a 7 AM arrival or that morning, and around what time)? Did you wait long to get off the ship? We have an 8 AM private tour scheduled, do you think that's doable?

I know it has been a while now, but I am going on this exact same itinerary essentially the exact same dates (May 28th-June 8th) this year. A few questions and hopefully you can remember - thanks in advance!

1. What time was All-Aboard vs. Departure, especially for La Spezia? This is my first Med. cruise, last year did Caribbean on the Reflection and I think all-aboard was typically 15 mins before the scheduled departure but I can't find much online regarding these ports-of-call. I know Villefranche as a tender port will likely be a bit earlier, maybe 45 mins ahead of departure for the last tender?

2. How was tendering off at Villefranche? We are not taking a ship excursion and are not in a suite and not statused (yet), so we won't get priority. When did they start offering tender tickets (was it the night before since it's a 7 AM arrival or that morning, and around what time)? Did you wait long to get off the ship? We have an 8 AM private tour scheduled, do you think that's doable?

No problem at all, i'll try!

1. The all aboard time was 30 minutes before the departure time, although i can't quite remember the time for Villefranche.

2. We were lucky in Villefranche as we had priority tendering with our Elite membership. I can't remember how large the queues were for normal tendering with tickets, however if my recent caribbean cruise on equinox has anything to go by there was large queues for tender tickets in the morning, there was no tickets the evening before. I think it will be tight for your excursion, however if you are up early and get a ticket you should be fine!

Jealous of your cruise, we loved it last year! Have a great time.