Central Rome Hotel Recommendations

dag144

We love Santa Chiara as well. Great location, friendly and helpful staff, and wonderful breakfast. And...Armando’s! 😋

Is it near Piazza Navona and the incredible Berninini fountains? .... one of my favoritte places in all of Rome. , where there are so many favorite places. We had the pleasure of a lunch and dinner at Tre Scalini when it was still a 'must go to place. :)

Is it near Piazza Navona and the incredible Berninini fountains? .... one of my favoritte places in all of Rome. , where there are so many favorite places. We had the pleasure of a lunch and dinner at Tre Scalini when it was still a 'must go to place. :)

Yes, about a 10 minute leisurely walk if I recall correctly. It really is a beautiful Piazza. This thread brings back such wonderful memories. It’s been a few years since we were last there. I think it’s time to consider a return trip! 🙂

Yes, about a 10 minute leisurely walk if I recall correctly. It really is a beautiful Piazza. This thread brings back such wonderful memories. It’s been a few years since we were last there. I think it’s time to consider a return trip! 🙂

A sunny afternoon and a table at Tre Scalini for lunch....... Sigh............... Nice !! :)

Just back from Westerdam. We stayed at the Boscolo Exedra Roma (two blocks from train station). While a different company, it is under contract with Marriott as part of the "Autograph Collection" so you can earn/use Marriott points. I have to say this was one of the most unique hotels I've ever stayed in (and I've stayed in quite a few). The service was exceptional. The rooms were antique with a lush modern twist. Free buffet breakfast for Marriott gold and platinum members was beyond description with pastries, meats, cheeses and even a salad bar!

A metro station was at the front door. We are not fitness buffs but are reasonably healthy and walked to attractions. We took a cab once for a fantastic food tour away from the central tourist areas. I would say most attractions were about a 15-20 minute walk in one direction or another.

I second the recommendation for the Boscolo Exedra. We have stayed there four years in a row. It is a beautiful hotel with a staff that can’t be beat. In 2014 when DH fell ill in Rome and needed surgery the staff in this hotel went out of their way to help us in every possible way, even to the point of giving us a reduced rate for the five extra days we had to stay in Rome after DH’s surgery.

I would stay nowhere else in Rome.

Terri

We have stayed 3 times at a Best Western called “Hotel Canada” GREAT hotel! GREAT buffet breakfast and very European and besutiful! Great service! Beautiful decorations and 1 block or less to the subway (metro) and that stop is only one stop from “The Termini”; that is where the trains, buses, subway all come together! Once we took a train to the Termini, once we all piled in a cab. But a great hotel! Some very nice restaurants within walking distance also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums