Tipping and Dress Codes

Luvcrusn

Most people are not rude enough to comment on anything another passenger does unless it has a direct affect on them. It's always amusing to me that people come on the boards with all kinds of stories about questionable things they have done and they think it's perfectly OK because no one did or said anything to them. Good thing they're not mind readers;).

Why would anyone expect the GR staff to throw a fit? Of course they're going to be polite and do their job or risk being fired. Using that as a measure of right or wrong is disingenuous at best.

Other posts suggest that one would experience issues in removing auto-grats. I merely pass on my experiences to the contrary. Agree that the reaction of the GR staff does not signify a measure of right or wrong - but what is a measure is the Company policy that has no opposition to exercising one's rights to remove the auto-'gratuities'. QED

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most people are not rude enough to comment on anything another passenger does unless it has a direct affect on them. It's always amusing to me that people come on the boards with all kinds of stories about questionable things they have done and they think it's perfectly OK because no one did or said anything to them. Good thing they're not mind readers;).

so by default m'lord the poster is , in my learned opinion, suggesting to the jury that he/she does possess powers of the reading of others minds. Do I need to continue and suggest we ignore.........,, yawn yawn

A sign that people have finally accepted that Celebrity Chic nights are here to stay? Or the fact that many still make exactly the same level of effort that they did during the old chic night? Or a combination of both?

or it doesnt really matter [emoji848]

so by default m'lord the poster is , in my learned opinion, suggesting to the jury that he/she does possess powers of the reading of others minds. Do I need to continue and suggest we ignore.........,, yawn yawn

Twisted logic to say the least. LOL

I will be the first to admit that I was in favour of Evening Chic from the outset and didn't agree with the view "it's the beginning of a slippery slope etc etc etc.

But I got it wrong, just look at the rise in global unrest and political tensions since the ditching of Formal Nights in favour of Evening Chic on Celebrity there is a clear correlation in time lines. I can't be the only one who thinks the two things are connected.

Doubt wearing a Tux would save you anywhere in Syria :evilsmile: