Booking a cruise while on board?

what difference is in there in the OBC whether you book on board or use your FCD's and YZM promo? What am I missing.

the promos (extra obc, etc) are offered. Should I be taking the time out of my cruise (<sigh>) if there is really extra obc over and above what I get when I get home?

I bought some FCD as well as booking onboard. They said I'd not get the double OBC for the future one booked. I have not gotten a letter or email saying if I book within the next month or two that I would still get the extra incentive. I expected that I would. How long after departure will that arrive?

I bought some FCD as well as booking onboard. They said I'd not get the double OBC for the future one booked. I have not gotten a letter or email saying if I book within the next month or two that I would still get the extra incentive. I expected that I would. How long after departure will that arrive?

We have not received an email offering the "welcome back" ZPM OBC discount in 2 yrs. When I talked to HAL PCC I was told that since I already have future cruises booked that I'm probably off the list even though I have FCD's in my account.

PCC said he would remind me of ZPM offers and he does by sending me an email asking how my last cruise went and stating I have 60 days to book another cruise to get additional OBC (ZPM promo). He's a pretty good salesperson as he also sends another email when there is only 10'days left!

Thanks to everyone for your help. The information really cleared things up:confused:. I will try on the ship to book my next cruise provided that I don't get waterboarded:eek:. I generally don't use agencies since I like to control all aspects of my cruise even if I've gotten slightly better deals. Must be the control freak in me:D.

Again, thanks to all who have responded.

Phil............floridacruisers

P.S. Going back to HAL after 25 Celebrity cruises. Celebrity is very good, but now they are into the

latest "bling thing" and horrendously loud music everywhere...... No thanks. I want a cruise please!

Thanks to everyone for your help. The information really cleared things up:confused:. I will try on the ship to book my next cruise provided that I don't get waterboarded:eek:. I generally don't use agencies since I like to control all aspects of my cruise even if I've gotten slightly better deals. Must be the control freak in me:D.

P.S. Going back to HAL after 25 Celebrity cruises. Celebrity is very good, but now they are into the

latest "bling thing" and horrendously loud music everywhere...... No thanks. I want a cruise please!

LOL on the "waterboarding". There are no "high pressure tactics" to get you to book ( never experienced that in 40 cruises)....so relax and enjoy!

It was completely non pressure last week. Truly. They answered my questions, puled up pictures, told me prices. Not like a time share meeting AT ALL.

Your comment about being in control of your reservation ......even if you use a travel agent, it is still your reservation. You call your agent, they make the changes with Holland America. For me the difference was not slightly better. All in at the end, it was over $1000 less. I still booked all my shore excursions with HAL directly, dining reservations, etc.

It was completely non pressure last week. Truly. They answered my questions, puled up pictures, told me prices. Not like a time share meeting AT ALL.

Your comment about being in control of your reservation ......even if you use a travel agent, it is still your reservation. You call your agent, they make the changes with Holland America. For me the difference was not slightly better. All in at the end, it was over $1000 less. I still booked all my shore excursions with HAL directly, dining reservations, etc.

I agree, I always save substantially by using an online TA. However, what I do find helpful is booking direct to get the cabin or category I want and maybe some other details. Then I transfer over to a TA that has the best deal. This is because I am generally booking handicap cabins and it is simpler this way. Other times I go directly to a TA.

• 2 weeks later...

Much to my surprise, we booked a cruise while onboard our recent Veendam cruise to Bermuda. We watched the future cruise presentation on the stateroom tv and noticed that there were some brand new itineraries to Canada in 2018. I thought we were going to talk to the FCC to ask questions about the itinerary and such, but my mother wants what she wants, including "our" stateroom, so she booked us right then. there was no pressure from the FCC though. She was very nice, answered our questions, was able to access our cruise history and the other cruise we already had booked for next year. I don't think actually booking while onboard is the way I would go myself; as others have said, I want to be on vacation on my vacation and have some time to think about the next one while at home. But the experience was fine with us, and my mother confirmed with our regular PCC a couple of her special requests afterwards. All good. I also purchased a couple future cruise deposits as well. For these as well as the booked cruise, we got paper confirmation in our stateroom and email confirmation at home.