Sip and Sail

Birdieman1

Yes for sure you can, I did it three days ago, we go to Alaska Sept. 13, our fiends got their $-50 this morning when they called and also for another of their upcoming cruises, Princess is now honouring already booked cruises, do not take no for an answer

I was told that since my cruise was completely sold out and I have paid in full that I could not get it.

If it's after final payment date, they got sure can and will refuse you, sorry to correct you Birdieman;)

Also the sip and sail limit will only count alcoholic beverages toward the 15 drink total, not specialty / espresso choices , unless they include the afore-mentioned alcohol:)

I'm not a teetotaler. I just don't understand why there is so much discussion about alcoholic drink limits...15 alcoholic drinks per day!

I'm not a teetotaler either. I drink Bloody Mary's or mimosas or Bailey's in my coffee at breakfast. On a sea day a few drinks in the afternoon on deck. Pre dinner drinks, after dinner cordial and drinks at the show. I won't hit 15 alcoholic beverages. If soft drinks, coffee and water would have counted towards the 15 total it would have been a problem.

If it's after final payment date, they got sure can and will refuse you, sorry to correct you Birdieman;)

Also the sip and sail limit will only count alcoholic beverages toward the 15 drink total, not specialty / espresso choices , unless they include the afore-mentioned alcohol:)

I'm not a teetotaler either. I drink Bloody Mary's or mimosas or Bailey's in my coffee at breakfast. On a sea day a few drinks in the afternoon on deck. Pre dinner drinks, after dinner cordial and drinks at the show. I won't hit 15 alcoholic beverages. If soft drinks, coffee and water would have counted towards the 15 total it would have been a problem.

Can either of you please direct me to this elusive 15 drink limit policy? I'm having a really hard time finding it.

As others have said previously, the problem is not the 15 drink minimum, it's the complete lack of transparency.

How would you feel if you bought a package that included specialty dining every night of the cruise only to find out you only get 3 nights once you get onboard.

Or worse yet, the advertisement said the cruise came with inclusive dinners in the Main Dining Room and on night 3 you were turned away at the door because you had already used your 2 allotted dinners and you need to eat at Lido for the rest of cruise. You might just think that you were a victim of Bait and switch Marketing.

The entire point of this tread is not weather you think 15 drinks per day is too many, it is the simple fact that Princess marketed a promotion that included certain items and seems to placing limits on that promotion but are only informing people who call and can't be bothered to post the definitive Terms Of Conditions on their own website.

Birdieman quoted the 15 as being definitive, I think. I was just going from his thought. I have previously heard 12 as well. I haven't heard anything about Princess limiting in the paid for AIBP. It is only for the Sip and Sail, so I do understand them limiting on that.

Can either of you please direct me to this elusive 15 drink limit policy? I'm having a really hard time finding it.

As others have said previously, the problem is not the 15 drink minimum, it's the complete lack of transparency.

How would you feel if you bought a package that included specialty dining every night of the cruise only to find out you only get 3 nights once you get onboard.

Or worse yet, the advertisement said the cruise came with inclusive dinners in the Main Dining Room and on night 3 you were turned away at the door because you had already used your 2 allotted dinners and you need to eat at Lido for the rest of cruise. You might just think that you were a victim of Bait and switch Marketing.

The entire point of this tread is not weather you think 15 drinks per day is too many, it is the simple fact that Princess marketed a promotion that included certain items and seems to placing limits on that promotion but are only informing people who call and can't be bothered to post the definitive Terms Of Conditions on their own website.

If you paid for the package out right there may not be a limit. When you made the purchase it should have been disclosure of terms and conditions. I booked through sip and sale and these are the terms and conditions. Notice the first sentence about having the right to change and also they say there's a limit but no limit given. I attempted to purchase the drink package on a booked cruise that doesn't include the Sip and Sail. There were no terms and conditions or disclaimers at check out.

0afb434cd37dae3359321e00bf3b14cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Iamcruzin

Well here is the problem. People called. Here is my disclaimer. If you call Princess with a question be sure to call until you have received the answer that you want to here. None of the customer service representatives have a clue as to what happens on the ship. They just answer with whatever comes off of the top of their head. You will probably receive two different answers for the same question even if you happen to get the same Rep that you had the first time you called.

It's just like calling a lt of companies with questions, you get a lot of different answers, that is why I originally posted this limit policy. And I hear you that employees on different bars or ships would have different ways of giving you a drink, some swipe your card and others don't even bother, so there is no clarification on this policy, guess in a couple of months I will ask onboard and see how many different answers I get

It's just like calling a lt of companies with questions, you get a lot of different answers, that is why I originally posted this limit policy. And I hear you that employees on different bars or ships would have different ways of giving you a drink, some swipe your card and others don't even bother, so there is no clarification on this policy, guess in a couple of months I will ask onboard and see how many different answers I get

My cruise isn't until Nov 2018. By then it could be a 1 drink limit.....and the Medallion will no doubt track it....[emoji30]

Cut them some sack, I'm sure your limit at that time will be 2 drinks, but watch out with the Medallion, when you are in the Buffet line, don't take too much bacon, because they will know your every move. I can only imagine your response where you will hang your Medallion:cool:

Had to laugh still haven't Gotoff this topic my wife says drop it already called Princess today a few times, the first Princess rep said to me, there is a 7 minute wait between drinks, now that's a new one, second Princess rep said there is a 12 limit for alcohol per day, the next Rep said 15 drinks and the last Rep said no limit as far as she knew, so the skinny of this exercise is there sure are a lot of different answers

Here is one for the guys, my wife goes shopping to the Bay for shoes, for us Canadians we know what the Bay is, she tries on some shoes and asks the girl working there if they will stretch and she says no, and my wife says I asked her and she gave me the answer, and I said what does she know, she worked at McDonalds last week, not sent this for the guys as a laugh, have a nice day

Had to laugh still haven't Gotoff this topic my wife says drop it already called Princess today a few times, the first Princess rep said to me, there is a 7 minute wait between drinks, now that's a new one, second Princess rep said there is a 12 limit for alcohol per day, the next Rep said 15 drinks and the last Rep said no limit as far as she knew, so the skinny of this exercise is there sure are a lot of different answers

Here is one for the guys, my wife goes shopping to the Bay for shoes, for us Canadians we know what the Bay is, she tries on some shoes and asks the girl working there if they will stretch and she says no, and my wife says I asked her and she gave me the answer, and I said what does she know, she worked at McDonalds last week, not sent this for the guys as a laugh, have a nice day

And that my friend brings us right back to my post 59. Enjoy the unlimited drink package...[emoji846]