Need Advice

samyers58

Hi, I'm thinking of booking a cruise on Princess for Italy and Greece itinerary. Just wondering if there's a particular ship and state room that anyone could give me some suggestions about. We have never cruised on Princess. Thanks!!

Last year, I did the Spain, Italy, and France cruise of the Royal and thought it was just about the best cruise I have ever taken, and there have been a lot. This summer I am going back on the Royal for a Greece itinerary. My suggestion is to book an balcony obstructed view cabin on deck 8 on the bump out section that has NO obstruction. You will save a lot of money, and and will have a larger balcony since the Royal has very small balconies. Book early to get one of these rooms and monitor the price to rebook with lower prices until final payment.

I would suggest that you decide first how many days you would like to cruise and the must see ports. This will help narrow your search parameters. On our first Mediterranean cruise, Venice was a must. But, for the most part Princess no longer sails into Venice as their ships are too large. Livorno (for Florence and Pisa) and Civitavecchia (for Rome) were also must see ports for us. But, everyone has different needs. You may want more Greek islands. Once we did our first Mediterranean cruise, we couldn't get enough. That is why we are taking our fourth in a few months; this time for 21 days. Have fun planning your adventure.

Check the Mediterranean and Greek Isles cruise on the royal Princess. An aft balcony will be nice.

Depends on the ship though. The Regal/Royal have a soot problem on the aft. On those ships, a side hump balcony down low would be better IMO. On the Grand Class ships, no soot problem so aft is fine if you don't get motion sick easily.

Depends on the ship though. The Regal/Royal have a soot problem on the aft. On those ships, a side hump balcony down low would be better IMO. On the Grand Class ships, no soot problem so aft is fine if you don't get motion sick easily.

We had an aft balcony on the Regal two years ago in the Baltic. Didn't notice any soot problem.

We had an aft balcony on the Regal two years ago in the Baltic. Didn't notice any soot problem.

I am so glad to hear this. We have an aft balcony (a very large one from what I understand) on the Regal for next February and I'd like to think that daily large amounts of soot isn't a given.

I am so glad to hear this. We have an aft balcony (a very large one from what I understand) on the Regal for next February and I'd like to think that daily large amounts of soot isn't a given.

I understand some aft balconies are covered more than others. We were in D728.

Here are great photos of the Royal's (same for the Regal) aft facing balcony cabins. Dave devoted a lot of time to providing such helpful photos & he even added cabin numbers...a picture is worth a thousand words! ;)

Hi Brian,

I think the Baja Deck aft is the only deck that doesn't get to 'split' that space between the cabins like the ones above them, but it appears B739 still has a relatively deep balcony. Here are a few annotated pictures from the 'Everything' thread showing the aft facing balconies:

8957384058_5fd2c6f569_b.jpg

9391397190_06541f215d_b.jpg

9045375437_ef51990d4b_o.jpg