Alaska in June

I have been to Alaska once. It was in Sept and it was one of the warmest cruises for Alaska. This time we are going in June.

Generally what are the temps like? We are leaving out of Canada. Just wondering what types of clothes to pack. Does anyone use the pool at all during that time period? Thanks all

We went on the Jewel in July 2013. We watched the weather forecast for weeks leading up to our departure and read everything we could about what to expect. We live in Washington State on the west side where we experience similar weather and we were caught off guard. The weather the week before and after our cruise in Alaska (Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway) was high of 60s, rainy and cool. The week we went? It was in the 80s, sunny and dry.

Pack layers to combat the unpredictable weather and take a lightweight, packable rain jacket just in case.

Hard to say. We went the last week of June and there was a cold front. Pools were never used, only hot tubs. Balcony was too cold to use at sea. Locals talked a lot about how it was unusually cold that week, so it could vary.

Alaska weather is very unpredictable. I was just there from June 18-25. We wore everything from shorts to parkas.There were times on deck when we were downright hot and other times I had on gloves and a hat. Wearing layers is the key. I say kids in the pools most days and people in the hot tubs every day.