Comparison of Norwegian Jade to Norwegian Pearl

Smokeyham

Hello,

We are thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Jade in January, 2018.

We did a cruise on Norwegian Pearl in 2010 (yes, quite awhile ago) and were wondering if we can expect a similar experience?

I believe these are sister ships, so I am assuming size and amenities will be about the same? I also realize that both ships will have had changes in the intervening 8-years, so don't have an expectation that everything will be as we experienced them in 2010.

Finally, any special hints for someone going on the Jade?

Thanks!

Hello,

We are thinking of doing a Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Jade in January, 2018.

We did a cruise on Norwegian Pearl in 2010 (yes, quite awhile ago) and were wondering if we can expect a similar experience?

I believe these are sister ships, so I am assuming size and amenities will be about the same? I also realize that both ships will have had changes in the intervening 8-years, so don't have an expectation that everything will be as we experienced them in 2010.

Finally, any special hints for someone going on the Jade?

Thanks!

The ships are the same class and very similar. Only some minor differences. Jade had most recent drydock. Do some searching and you'll find some of the pictures.

The ships are the same class and very similar. Only some minor differences. Jade had most recent drydock. Do some searching and you'll find some of the pictures.

Right.

OP can also compare the Deck Plans for each ship, to see IF there are any major differences, or any differences that would matter to them.

The decor can be very different.

Finding some recent YouTube posts of those on board could help with that, plus any updated photos from NCL.

(But I don't know how 'up to date' NCL's website photos are...)

The "general" amenities aren't too ship-specific, in terms of services, which can vary by class of cabin or suite.

One difference in the Haven is the newer ships have a separate and dedicated Haven restaurant, but that won't be the case on any of the Jewel Class ships, unless something really major has changed very recently.

(However, the "floor plan" of the Garden Villas can vary considerably from ship to ship.)

There is more of a generalized difference between the older ships and the new, bigger ships, starting with Breakaway (I think that was the first). Those are large enough to have quite a few significant extra features.

Pearl has a rock climbing wall , the jade does not.

Pearl has a water slide climbing wall , the jade does not.

The spinnaker lounge is slightly bigger on the pearl.

The nightclub/shops swap positions on the ships. There is a bowling alley in the pearl nightclub.

The differences are really minor.

BUT - I will warn you. The 2nd time on a ship or cruise is often much different that the first. Expectations and "newness" are often much different.

As you can see in our signature, it does not keep us from cruising though! LOL!

The differences are really minor.

BUT - I will warn you. The 2nd time on a ship or cruise is often much different that the first. Expectations and "newness" are often much different.

As you can see in our signature, it does not keep us from cruising though! LOL!

I agree! The facilities, and the experience, can be very different.

Just got off the Jade and can say they did a wonderful job with her recent major dry dock/complete interior overhaul. You would never guess it was the previous Jade so besides the minor differences pointed out above they are almost the same.