End of Sailing - Self Walk Off With Luggage Option?

ABoatNerd

A wonderful good day Oceania fans.

Our first Oceania sailing is September.

Question - How does one arrange to walk off the ship with one's luggage at the end of the sailing?

We are more than keen to walk off with our luggage as we have done on the QM2. Thereafter report to immigration and gone.

Any information would be appreciated - I have not been able to ascertain this from various Oceania information sources..

Thank you kindly in advance

ABoatNerd

Just inform the desk about your intentions on the form that will be given to you a few days before disembarkation (and do not put your luggage out on last night).

You can indicate on the form what time you wish to disembark (as long as it is after ship's clearance and usually before 9 AM).

As an aside - I am thinking that sailing on QM2 would require more than a just small carry-on luggage due to their formal dress code for dinners. I could be wrong?

Edited by Paulchili

We walked off the QE2 on our first Cunard cruise very early because we were leaving the ship in NYC and I had to get to my church job by 10am. There was no problem. In fact I was early.

We have often walked off Oceania ships when landing in NYC and had no problem. We do usually put out our luggage at night because we tend to leave the ship as late as possible, but if we were leaving early so that we could catch a flight out of NY, I agree with Paul. Bring it all with you.

Mura

We were heading to the Regatta lounge about 7:45 this past Saturday with our luggage tagged for an 8:15 departure and a crew member asked if that was all of our luggage. We said yes and he directed us towards the gangway. We walked right up to customs with no line and were at our hotel in Seattle by 8:15.