Captain Marvin or Native Ways...? Difference?

Lou2204

I'm having the same issue. I've emailed and filled out the form on their site (Native Way) and still have not received a response, two weeks later. I'm going to book with someone, just wanted to have all my excursions booked a few months out.

Captain Marvin was very responsive and gets great reviews also.

We had used Native way a few years ago & had a great experience. Now as we will be back again, i have tried booking via their website & a separate email without any response for a few weeks. I will try one more time but if they don't respond will book with Captain Marvin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In a last ditch effort, I looked on social media for a page for Native Ways, and I found one! On there, it had their email. I sent them an email and let them know that I had completed the form, and had not heard back. I heard back this morning and am all set. If you are trying to reach them, email them at nativway@candw.ky

We did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway in 2014 and had a great time.

We are going back in January 2018 and want to do the same tour.

I tried booking with them on their website about 10 days ago using the booking form but did not receive a response.

I sent them an email about an hour ago and just heard back from Sharon that our reservation is made.

So I would suggest trying email if the booking form doesn't work.

Oh wow, that's not like Sharon (At Nativeways). I've used them 5 or 6 times (lost count) over the years. The Rays, Reef & Rum Point trip is our absolute FAVORITE thing to do in Georgetown. Once our ship got in late and they had to leave without us, but they arranged for us to go on a small Van tour of the island with one of her cousins. (everyone knows everyone). But I HIGHLY recommend Nativeways, especially the full day trip to Rum Point which includes a yummy lunch.

Does anyone know about nativeways tour of starfish point??Do you know whether is shallow water or deep water over there??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The boat parks in water that is about 3 feet and you walk towards the beach to find starfish or properly called "sea stars". the starfish are along the beach so in shallow waters. No problem for my 3 year old.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Oh wow, that's not like Sharon (At Nativeways). I've used them 5 or 6 times (lost count) over the years. The Rays, Reef & Rum Point trip is our absolute FAVORITE thing to do in Georgetown. Once our ship got in late and they had to leave without us, but they arranged for us to go on a small Van tour of the island with one of her cousins. (everyone knows everyone). But I HIGHLY recommend Nativeways, especially the full day trip to Rum Point which includes a yummy lunch.

The last time we went, someone else on our CC roll call made the reservations for our group so I didn't have to go through that. Once I emailed Sharon directly, it was n o problem.

I don't have anything to compare it to, but we were very happy with Nativeway. The group was small and we had lots of attention. Wouldn't want to go on one of those big boats with dozens of people.

I'm reserving through native way but I'm trying to book the private charter since it'll be 15 of us. Just waiting for Sharon to send me the confirmation since the original one I received wasn't for the private charter. In the email it says we have to call in to give the our credit card information to guarantee the reservation. Is that usually the norm? It says it won't be charged.

I'm reserving through native way but I'm trying to book the private charter since it'll be 15 of us. Just waiting for Sharon to send me the confirmation since the original one I received wasn't for the private charter. In the email it says we have to call in to give the our credit card information to guarantee the reservation. Is that usually the norm? It says it won't be charged.
I've never used them for a private booking. For regular booking you just pay cash to the captain. On my last trip we had a group of 14 in our group. We didn't book a private and there were 3 others which is fine. On my trip before that, there was 11 in our group and we had the entire boat. Nativway Normally has smaller groups in our experience and what I read. I wouldn't be surprised though that theg need a credit card to hold a private booking. I'd much rather call it in then email my cc number.

We are not on a private tour but this is what I had to do. They have a US number and I called and talked to Sharon and gave her the credit card info. They will not charge the card unless you don't cancel your reservation in time. You pay the day of the tour.

ETA: If you pay with a credit card there is a 4% processing fee.

In a last ditch effort, I looked on social media for a page for Native Ways, and I found one! On there, it had their email. I sent them an email and let them know that I had completed the form, and had not heard back. I heard back this morning and am all set. If you are trying to reach them, email them at nativway@candw.ky

I was wondering about if they ask for a deposit and if so how much?

Thanks,Tom

And what happens if the tender is late??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've only gone with Nativeway once and didn't have to deal with this problem but I imagine that they have done this enough times and would wait a reasonable time for everyone to arrive.

You could contact them directly and ask them.

Is that credit card thing new then? I used them in 2014 for a group of 11 and then this year for 14 and no credit card needed at all. Just show up. We had a couple no shows on the first time. There are great stories of them sending a van to come back when the tender was late or something like that. Grand Cayman is great for tours because they all gather in one area that is right there as you get off the tenders. Can't miss them and their sign.

I am in Grand Cayman in May 2018 and reached out to Nativeway for availability 3xs and have yet to hear back from them. Has anyone ever had this issue who has used them?

I'm having the same issue with Nativeway....

Yes I've emailed them directly at that email, and filled out the online form. Nothing. I think I'm going to try the sailing catamaran one. It's a red flag if they don't respond to emails and booking requests.

• 2 weeks later...

I called Sharon at 345-916-5027 (no sure how much it cost to call) and she booked me immediately over the phone after email and website no response.

Got my tour for Dec 6 with 7 people no problem. CC info given but no charge unless we no show. 3 hour trip with rays, reef, and starfish for $45 pp and kids $35. Can't wait.