Fort Lauderdale post cruise excursions including Miami airport drop off

fcfc

We have an evening flight from Miami International after disembarkation in Port Lauderdale and are looking at ways to spend the day to avoid a long wait at the airport. HAL offer a couple of alternative excursions to either the Everglades or Fort Lauderdale. Any views on these would be appreciated.

Also does anyone have any suggestions for alternative things to do with a view to arriving at MIA at about 5pm

We usually get Larry's Limos to collect us at the port and take us to the airport. Then we put luggage into Left Luggage Facility and take the shuttle bus to Dolphin Mall. DW needs retail therapy after a few days at sea!

I think the HAL excursions get you to MIA quite early (about 1 - 2 pm). Using Larry's Limos we can have a leisurely in room breakfast and debark at a reasonable time.

Are you flying to London? I did this in March, flying to Buenos Aires for another cruise and did the Ft. Lauderdale Land and Sea tour. Here's my blog entry for that day:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.wordpress.com/2017/03/02/day-kdam10-wednesday-march-1-2017-disembark-koningsdam-fly-to-buenos-aires/

I enjoyed the tour but we did arrive at the airport about 1:30. As I noted AA let me check my bags VERY early; I hope you get the same benefit.

Roy

The ship's excursions do get you to the airports early in the afternoon.

I don't remember what time the bus drops off people at the Miami airport after an excursion but usually is not the same time as Ft Lauderdale.

Both excursions are great -- we did them many years ago.