Transport to Dover from Southampton

Cruzinram

We are arriving on the QM2 and hooking up with Princess in Dover. What is the best way for us to get over to Dover from Southampton and we will need to return back to Southampton to board the Qm 2 for return to NYC

check out Smithstotheairport... we have used them a few times... to get to Southhampton... when we went to Dover we simply picked up a local taxi... made a price with him to take to and from Dover worked out well. That was a long time ago, l998, don't recall what we paid would guess from London to Dover around $200 us each way. Have used Smithtotheairport more recently, you can check them out on line.

First of all, I'm jealous because you're going between two of my favourite ships!

That said, I enthusiastically join in with yet another recommendation of Smiths for Airports. I used them to take me to London from Southampton after disembarking the QM2 last month and then again from my hotel to Heathrow. Both times the driver was prompt, efficient, extremely friendly, and the cars were spotless and comfortable. In Southampton, the driver will meet you right in the building, just as you walk out the door from the luggage hall, with a sign with your name on it. Really makes things simple, easy, and no-stress. They were worth every penny and I'd use them again -- and I used to be a total cheerleader for the British trains, but now I've become spoiled. That's how great they were.

You can go by train from Dover to London and then London to Southampton or National Express Coach for the same journeys - both will require a change.

The train station is a little walk from the coach station if you have lots of luggage though.

National express coach will generally be much cheaper than the train as they dont really do any offers on the Kent routes into London - if there are 4 of you however you can get a group ticket.

As an example we are sailing on Crown Princess from Southampton in September.

We will drive 1/2 way to london and get the train up, then we have the coach booked for the grand total of £5 each!! (we are flying back into Heathrow so have to mess around wth transport a little!)

I like the coach as the driver can monitor who is getting on unlike the train.