Just Off The Celebrity Summit!!

kmeeker

If there is a next Celebrity cruise I would recommend going on an S-Class ship. Being newer and larger may present more opportunities on board for you. The staff on these ships has always been first class and willing to please.

Interpreting your post says to me that a Royal Caribbean ship may be more to your liking.

Having cruised to Bermuda several times the cruise is more about the destination and not so much the ship as destination. Summit offers 3 full days in Bermuda on a 7 night trip, while RCL trips are only 5 night trips,

Enjoy your cruising days.

kmeeker ... appreciate you sharing your experiences. As readers we should value all you have to say and pull from it what matters most to us. We certainly wouldn't all have the exact same experience as you but that does not mean it is not useful and good to hear.

I loved my Summit sailing and Reflection since then but I did not have any real reason to call upon guest services or MDR staff to deal with things like you did so who knows if I might face the same 'go here go there' and eye rolling. That kind of attitude from any staff member would definitely rile me up, especially when something they did on their end.

I will second your thoughts on Celebrity entertainment. I think it is bad, really bad. I have walked out of pretty well everything. In that area I loved NCL Epic, the different little venues with different entertainment was/is spot on. Not sure how good that still is but it was the first time on a ship that I felt there was good entertainment that kept me in my seat for an entire show. Sadly the service on that ship was bad, as was the entire fiasco of pushy upset aggressive passengers and constant people flow problems everywhere. Oh and the smoke!

It seems hard to find the balance now but I am thinking I would love to try an RCL ship, thinking one day on one of their big ships (oasis) just to see what that is like. For now, Celebrity is my next sailing since they still rise to the top for me (but barely), but I still struggle with the lack of entertainment other than music here and there. That sailing is still a bit out so anything could change between now and then, I keep hearing other ships/lines calling but the price keeps coming out more :(

Again, thanks for sharing and it really sucks that your experience was bad, and in the end that is the only one that matters to you in your future choices.

Hi There!

I guess when I think of 'premium', I think of exceptional customer service which I never got even from DAY 1 of booking! Once they had our money, I felt like both on the phone and then sadly in person, they really didn't want to deal with even the most minor issues (which ours were minor). We didn't want anything extra, but simply needed assistance with issues we had paid for months prior. Instead we got eye rolling and really very crappy attitudes. NOW, be clear this was ONLY at Guest Relations, but it put a very bad taste in our mouths for traveling with them! What if we had BIG problems and needed their help?

In addition, we kept hoping that on Sea Days, we'd see more activities, but most every decent activity came with an extra fee. If you wanted to play 20 minutes of trivia 3 times a day or sit around and listen to music, you were set...but otherwise even with 2 full sea days back to back there just wasn't much to do!

The shows at night were OK until it became apparent that you were going to hear the same Frank Sinatra type tunes from various singers. Once was ok, but the 2nd time was ehhhh!!

And there wasn't one big late night buffet or chocolate dessert bar or something that just said ..."Now that's awesome!" We kept waiting for that "WOW" thing on board and it never came! Things were fine, but for the price we paid and knowing what we have seen on other cruises, for us, we are going out to seek "WOW" and better Customer service!

Truly, it was Customer Relations that made us say..."Nope...we won't risk it! Who wants to worry abut a bigger problem when the ship is so ineffective with minor things?"

We met great people, ate great food and saw great ports...so all in all it is a win, but not really because of anything special done by Celebrity (except their service crew!! They were AMAZING!!)

We are sailing on Celebrity for the first time in August on the Equinox. I booked through X and have had several experiences over the phone and have found their agents to be very helpful. In fact I have upgraded our cruise for less cash. Luck of the draw?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some people are never happy I was also on that 9 day cruise and experienced the exact opposite of what you described. What planet are you from anyway?

Welcome to CC. Wow first post and you're already insulting? What was your other handle before you got this one to troll?