Silver Muse 6/21 to 7/3/17 Part 3

kloreece

Given that there is no policy, your experience with the staff/crew deserves an apology at the very least.

I hope that Silversea provided you with that.

It is also sad your mom won't have the photos of her vacation to replay.

There are so many other ways this could have been handled but apparently wasn't.

There is no such policy or that's what corporate texted me while on board. Frankly, I was in the back foyer shooting the ceiling and just the décor. I had been there for literally 2 seconds when someone flew over. The restaurant was far from crowded and the table nearest me must have been 50 feet from me. I am not inconsiderate. And I a also not interested in strangers. We wanted to be able to look back at the restaurant. Not the people. But if I can be background in your photos; you can be background in my photos and video. My opinion. (not you personally)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you mind sharing the name of the offending Maitre D' ?

What are you saying is the foyer? Outside the restaurants in the shared area, in the bar? Inside the door were the maitre D is dealing with reservations? I'm just trying to work out where you mean that takes would be 50 feet away. I can't think that you can actually see any tables at all from those places until you actually step inside the seating area.

On the subject of videoing though, I've not looked through the T&Cs and booking conditions and you may well be right there is no specific policy regarding videoing. (Ive not looked as I said), but I'm fairly sure there will be a mention in there about being considerate to other guests. I'd personally not be too bothered if you were panning your camera around the restaurant or intending to do so, but I can understand completely why people might object to being video'd eating. I expect discretion and consideration being the key part. It would be most off to have someone march over to you telling you not to film of the nearest table was 50 feet away so it really is strange that it happened. Ive certainly never heard of anything like it before.

I did take my phone with me and took photos in the restaurants - but the vast majority were off the delicious offerings served in front of me. and nothing else. I certainly don't worry if people on the next table are taking still photos of each other. The waiters are also all happy to take photos for you so there certainly cant be a problem with photos.

If you come in the back of the restaurant (from the front of the ship) there is a small area before you get into the actual restaurant. The first occupied table was far from this area. At least as I recall it. At any rate, I was in contact with corporate which said there is no such prohibition. Look. I wouldn't film in the spa or its locker room. I am not a dummy. But again, 30 seconds of the décor of a restaurant, our image, our food - yes. I feel if I am paying 5 figures for a cruise, I am entitled to remember it how I choose. And yes, I would agree if I stood over someone else's table filming them while they est to post on social media but I am no more interested in them then they are interested in me when taking video or still photos. I personally think it's odd to be in public and worry about people filming and taking photos. Selfie sticks (selfie being the operative word) are everywhere. You are going to be in someone else's photos or video.

Yes, I know where you mean. I was in 802 so walked in from that direction a few times taking the most forward stairs / elevators. And I agree you wouldn't even know you were about to enter the restaurant here. Had I been challenged outside the restaurant, I'm not sure of my reaction. If I was doing as you described, I think I possibly would have asked him to accompany me to see the HD after his shift if he insisted I couldn't film outside the restaurant, though I'd not of had a problem if asked not to film inside when people were eating there. It's a real shame he's left a bitter taste on what sounded like an enjoyable cruise for you outside this incident.

My own video posted will be useful for others to visualise this location also (and also for yourself I hope as it does show off the ship and the restaurants for those memories ... though I agree not the same as your own capture.)

I've never once been remotely challenged - usually the opposite. Staff stop and wave enthusiastically to the camera! (Which is just a discrete GoPro)

Fast forward to 20 mins 8 secs and this is where you mean I'm sure. Interestingly though if you go forward a minute to the entrance of Atlantide and I was sort of challenged (as the restaurant was closed) and I asked if videoing was a problem and you can hear the reply "not at all". I think she just wanted to know why I was walking in to an empty restaurant. (Which was odd as it was pretty obvious what I was doing.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I know where you mean. I was in 802 so walked in from that direction a few times taking the most forward stairs / elevators. And I agree you wouldn't even know you were about to enter the restaurant here. Had I been challenged outside the restaurant, I'm not sure of my reaction. If I was doing as you described, I think I possibly would have asked him to accompany me to see the HD after his shift if he insisted I couldn't film outside the restaurant, though I'd not of had a problem if asked not to film inside when people were eating there. It's a real shame he's left a bitter taste on what sounded like an enjoyable cruise for you outside this incident.

My own video posted will be useful for others to visualise this location also (and also for yourself I hope as it does show off the ship and the restaurants for those memories ... though I agree not the same as your own capture.)

I've never once been remotely challenged - usually the opposite. Staff stop and wave enthusiastically to the camera! (Which is just a discrete GoPro)

Fast forward to 20 mins 8 secs and this is where you mean I'm sure. Interestingly though if you go forward a minute to the entrance of Atlantide and I was sort of challenged (as the restaurant was closed) and I asked if videoing was a problem and you can hear the reply "not at all". I think she just wanted to know why I was walking in to an empty restaurant. (Which was odd as it was pretty obvious what I was doing.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was the first night. I was tired. And very angry. I had quite the discussion with him and actually canceled by second reserved dinner. I ended up going and was glad I did because we didn't enjoy the food or anything the first night.

The other incident that really bothered me was I booked an excursion. I booked 4. Right after midnight when available. When I arrived, they said oh you booked two excursions that day. No. No. I didn't. They were trying to take one of my excursions. I suggest you photograph your bookings - excursions and dinner reservations. And print it out. Silversea plays games and does some things that has resulted in the loss of my business. And if they keep it up, they will lose others as well. But overall, it is a nice cruise line. But, I know there is a better fit for me. I don't pay a lot of money to be aggravated.