MSC Beverage package, n.b. not the whole Aurea package.

samshltn

Hi,

I'm interested in cruising on MSC, but I don't want all of the things that come with the Aurea package - just the beverage package.

I can't see a way to buy just the beverage package whilst booking, can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Thanks,

Sam.

Thanks. The cost of adding the drinks package is an important part of my purchasing decision.

Where does MSC list the prices of adding this on before you have booked, so that I can take it into account?

I can't take a screen print and I'm not sure they publish it. For the all inclusive restaurant and bar (equiv to Aurea) it's £140 per adult and £63 children. For the Deluxe ( which includes premium drinks etc) it's £273 for adults and £112 for children. This is what's quoted for our 7 day cruise. There is also a meal time only package at £91 for adults and £49 for children

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think it's a good idea to post your booking number, sail date and cabin on a public website. If that is a past cruise, never mind... assumed a sail date of 5 August, 2017.

Edited by Até

The prices for the drinks packages are €26 for the basic and €50 pppd for the deluxe (premium) when the currency onboard is in Euros. For the US market, the MSC website just quotes 'from' - 'to' in US$ for the packages as the price will depend on what region the ship is in.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3125_THANKYOUpostbooking_11182015

The 'More-for-Less' package (renamed now) price covers sailings where the currency onboard is US$. The 'Allegrissimo' (also renamed now) relates to sailings where the currency onboard is in Euros (but you pay the $ price if pre-booking/pre-paying. Onboard, your account would be in Euros).

I don't think it's a good idea to post your booking number, sail date and cabin on a public website. If that is a past cruise, never mind... assumed a sail date of 5 August, 2017.

Good point! I said the same to somebody e else the other day. I'd missed they were at the top of the pic as I was doing it on my phone! I'll remove

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think drinks packages are priced per day so depends how long your cruise is and where you a sailing as there are different rates for Europe, Carribbean, etc

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Forums mobile app

So true! From what I can see the drink packages are FAR more expensive on a per day basis in the Caribbean. My gut would tell me it is because there are more sea days than when sailing in the Med, when you are pretty much in a port of call all day, every day. There is more time for pool lounging and cocktail drinking in the Caribbean itinerary, which is reflected in the price!

So true! From what I can see the drink packages are FAR more expensive on a per day basis in the Caribbean. My gut would tell me it is because there are more sea days than when sailing in the Med, when you are pretty much in a port of call all day, every day. There is more time for pool lounging and cocktail drinking in the Caribbean itinerary, which is reflected in the price!

The range of drinks included is wider for Caribbean cruises than on Med itineraries which is how MSC justifies the difference in price.

And remember you have to have it for the full time you are cruising and everyone in your stateroom must have it as well.

We're from NCL... Every single member of the party drinking as much as we can for an entire week won't be a problem for us. [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-H815 using Forums mobile app

Hi,

I'm interested in cruising on MSC, but I don't want all of the things that come with the Aurea package - just the beverage package.

I can't see a way to buy just the beverage package whilst booking, can anyone tell me how to do this please?

Thanks,

Sam.

We are NCL cruisers too but are heading on the Divina this Fall (second time). Unlike our first cruise where we had several books of drink vouchers we decided to upgrade to Aurea and get the drink package. It is roughly $315 pp to buy sep. and add on to the cost of a Bella or Fantastica experience. We also figured the private sundeck and bar, massages, spa access and priority boarding was worth the extra $$. Once you put a deposit down you can log in online under "My bookings" and upgrade your cruise. If you wait until you are on board to buy the drink packages you will pay tax/gratuity on it.:cool:

Just as a bit of a price guide. We are booked on Seaside in an Aurea balcony cabin and upgraded the drinks package from the one included with the package to the 'deluxe' and it cost £84 extra for the upgrade for 2 adults for the week . Basically £6 pppn to upgrade.

The reason we went for the Aurea was that it was less expensive for us 2 adults 1 teenager to have the Aurea with included drinks package than it was to take the Bella / Fantastica and then add on the drinks package.