Spa Balcony Rooms

ruachsm

Trying to decide between a regular balcony and a Spa Balcony on the magic. Can someone help me with the different perks of the Spa Balcony? Anyone stayed in these and can give an honest review?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've been on the Magic's sister ships, the Breeze and Dream, both with spa balcony's and loved it so much that we booked a spa balcony again this summer on the Breeze. The cabin isn't any bigger but the decor is upgraded with nicer bedding and a selection of spa samples in the bathroom. You also get a fancier robe and slippers. And your beach towels are golden yellow. You get unlimited access to the spa's thermal suites. There are wet and dry saunas. And my favorite, the Thelasso therapy pool with its hot bubbly mineral water and built in loungers to relax on. One of the rooms has heated marble loungers that really relaxes the muscles. There's also cool down room with iced water and hot tea to sip on with huge floor to ceiling windows with amazing ocean views. If you're into that sort of thing then it's definitely worth it. :D

I just returned from the Magic Sunday. I was able to tour the spa facilities and would book a spa balcony in a heart beat! We will be back on the Magic in March and unfortunately no Spa Balconies are available. We were just in a Cove Balcony and didn't like it so we will be in a regular balcony unless something better opens up.

We were in a Spa balcony on the Dream and Magic. We loved the location. We were on deck 12 and there were limited cabins and having to be 18 to get in the spa, there were no children. When you exit the glass elevators you get a nice whiff of eucalyptus mint. We were one staircase from the Serenity deck. We loved it and are hooked.

My last cruise was a spa balcony on Magic... a couple of points to consider-

don't get one under the gym- you might hear weights and other noises... I also heard the same thing about the thalassotherapy pool motor but I can tell you we were right below it and had no issues.

Here's some notes about our spa balcony from my cruise review...

Size-wiseit’s about the same as all the others we’ve had but is laid out more nicelythan the Fantasy-class ships we’ve been on. It had a sofa, an ice bucket and a fridge,although we brought a cooler and used it plus the ice bucket all week, nevertouched the fridge. DH opened it and felt one of the drinks to confirm whateveryone says- it was cool but not cold.

Thespa balconies on 12 are not covered. There is about a 12 inch overhang fromabove then metal rails (see pics). What this means is that the balcony isuseless in the rain. But when it’s not, the balcony is just great! We used it alot, night and day! It rarely got so hot from full sun exposure that it wasuncomfortable… so while it wasn’t a big deal, if I did it again I’d go for acabin on the 11th floor, so I’d have the protection from the rain.

Whatcomes with a spa cabin? Here’s the list…

· Upgraded robes to borrow (way too heavy for me, I neverused mine)

· 2 pairs of slippers to keep (one size fits all whichmeans they’re probably too big for most women and too small for most men)

· 4 oz bottle of linen spray that we used on the pillowsevery night- LOVED this stuff! I asked in the spa if I could buy some and theytold me they don’t sell it! So I asked our steward Chris where I might getsome… two hours later I had 3 more bottles! (more about Chris later!)

· Elemis spa shampoo & conditioner, body wash andlotion- 4 oz samples only… the stuff you get in the dispensers in the showerare the same as all the other cabins on the ship.

· 6 round soaps in the container that the Breathe Rightand toothpaste samples used to be in- we got nothing this cruise besides thesoaps, I’m not sure if it’s because we were in a spa cabin or if everyone onthe cruise was the same.

· There’s a note in your room that tells you to also pickup your free Elemis body scrub in the spa… don’t forget to ask for it at thespa because they won’t ask you! You have a choice of 4 scents… I remember onewas lavender but I could hardly smell it. I don’t remember the other two, butthe one I picked was the Chocolate Peppermint body scrub- it comes in a littlegift package with a mini-loofah. It made a great tchotchke for my daughter.

Thespa amenities were good and we used them quite a bit. The Thalasso pool is likea big hot tub (although mostly just warm) that is supposed to be full ofminerals that will relax and rejuvenate those aches and pains. We liked it andit did help a bit, but I’m not sure it’s a magic pill for what ails you! Ifound that I couldn’t lay on the submerged loungers at all- the bubbles forcedme to float and it wasn’t comfortable at all. But I was able to hang out at theend where you enter the pool and I really liked it.

Theother advantage to the spa cabin is the Cloud 9 Thermal Suites… there are 2steam rooms- one has a strong mint scent and is very hot (called the AromaSteam bath), the second is called the Oriental Steam bath and is just a steamroom. The other 2 rooms were my favorite. The Tepidarium can be warm and it hadtiled loungers that faced the windows, giving you a terrific view. The Laconiumalso had the loungers, and you reclined more in them and I found them morecomfortable. All the loungers in both rooms were heated and were absolutelylovely! Grab a towel from the Thalasso pool area and roll it up under your headas a pillow… but make sure you have someone who can come wake you up after awhile!

Onlynote I want to make here is that if you use any of these facilities first thingin the morning (say, around 8 AM) you might find that they’ve just turnedthings on and they’re not really warm/hot/ready as they will be later in theday.

Soall in all, would I consider a spa cabin worth the extra money? Probably not,but since we used our vacation points, it made sense to grab the cabin since itwas the same cost as any other balcony.

Apologies for some of the spacing and gaps in the above comment- I copied and pasted from Word and it didn't look that weird before I submitted it!

One more thing I meant to comment on- we were in 12007- 4 cabins from the front. At first I was worried it would be too far forward but I found that because I was so close to the spa I used it a LOT more than I might have if I was in a spa cabin further back... so don't be afraid to move forward!