MSC formal nights

JOHN 57

Thank you both for answering the question.

Rather brief and to the point answer. I should have elaborated and said that, on Med cruises you will find that more people are prepared to dress up on formal nights than on Caribbean cruises. I would respectfully suggest that you consider a nice shirt and pants/chinos at minimum if you're concerned. However, there will be those who will wear jeans and t-shirts and will still be admitted to the MDR.

Rather brief and to the point answer. I should have elaborated and said that, on Med cruises you will find that more people are prepared to dress up on formal nights than on Caribbean cruises. I would respectfully suggest that you consider a nice shirt and pants/chinos at minimum if you're concerned. However, there will be those who will wear jeans and t-shirts and will still be admitted to the MDR.

For my surprise it was opposite in our cruises . On Caribbean in was very formal and on Med. was not so much....go figure

For my surprise it was opposite in our cruises . On Caribbean in was very formal and on Med. was not so much....go figure

Funny you should say that, GB. The first 'Elegance' night on Meraviglia last month there were so few dressed up that it felt like a 'casual' night. The second formal night - Captain's night - was better observed. I think less and less people are going to the trouble, now. A pity, really. I, for one, am sorry about the way things are going.

John ........ I'm glad to hear that you and your wife want to dress for formal nights, despite the long distance with luggage that you have to travel. A lot of people use that as an excuse not to pack a dress and/or pair of trousers, LOL.

Funny you should say that, GB. The first 'Elegance' night on Meraviglia last month there were so few dressed up that it felt like a 'casual' night. The second formal night - Captain's night - was better observed. I think less and less people are going to the trouble, now. A pity, really. I, for one, am sorry about the way things are going.

John ........ I'm glad to hear that you and your wife want to dress for formal nights, despite the long distance with luggage that you have to travel. A lot of people use that as an excuse not to pack a dress and/or pair of trousers, LOL.

I am sorry too. We came to the point when to wear a pants to DR or even Vatican (people complain about it too:confused:) become a problem.

I am sorry too. We came to the point when to wear a pants to DR or even Vatican (people complain about it too:confused:) become a problem.

Funny how they don't quibble about attire for visiting mosques, though! :confused: