Cheers and pax per room question

joshd33

So, I know that all pax in a room must purchase cheers, I get that. Here's my scenario/question...

My wife and I are going on a cruise with our best friends. My buddy and I want to purchase the cheers package; however the wife's probably don't. Here's the question. Is there a way for my buddy and I to be the pax of a room and my wife and his wife to be the pax of another room so only my buddy and I have to purchase the cheers? And then can we switch rooms once onboard?

Does this make any sense at all? Ha! Thanks in advance for your time!

So, I know that all pax in a room must purchase cheers, I get that. Here's my scenario/question...

My wife and I are going on a cruise with our best friends. My buddy and I want to purchase the cheers package; however the wife's probably don't. Here's the question. Is there a way for my buddy and I to be the pax of a room and my wife and his wife to be the pax of another room so only my buddy and I have to purchase the cheers? And then can we switch rooms once onboard?

In my opinion what you want to do is unethical; others will disagree. So I will let them answer.

It happens all of the time. Just book you and your buddy in one room, the wives in another. When you board, everyone must go to GS and obtain extra room keys for the rooms that you want to actually sleep in.

In my opinion what you want to do is unethical; others will disagree. So I will let them answer.

Thanks, I guess? Not sure how it's unethical... I am asking a question on how to do what Carnival requires in a way that will work for me. Un-ethical would be to just purchase for our room and then share drinks with him OR to just smuggle instead. But ok, thanks for your post. :)

It happens all of the time. Just book you and your buddy in one room, the wives in another. When you board, everyone must go to GS and obtain extra room keys for the rooms that you want to actually sleep in.

Thanks for answering this with a helpful, non-judgmental answer!

I'd do this. And it's not unethical at all, IMO. You are paying for two people to use cheers and those two will use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree. For those lucky enough to have 2 rooms to play with it's much easier to get cheers for just the passengers that want it. It would only be unethical if the plan was for just the boys to get cheers to then provide drinks for them and their wives. If the guys are the only ones who would use it, it's only smart to put them together.

You'll have to book that way and sort out the payment details between yourselves. Cabin 1 with both men and cabin 2 with both wives. Then when you check in have everything set up their own on board account and go to guest services to get spare keys so people can sleep in the room with their spouses.

We are in the same situation, my bf doesn't drink at all, and even at home only drinks lemonade and iced tea. So I'm out of luck when it's just me and him cruising. But when cruising with another relative who drinks we often book this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unethical? Seriously? I swear some of these holier than thou people really get to me. It must be great to be such a saint and never do anything wrong and judge everyone.

Anyway, I digress, I've done this because my husband wanted to drink and I didn't think I would get my monies worth. Our kids were in a cabin and minors so he got the Cheers and I didn't. An no, he didn't share it with me, I bought my own drinks. OP just get new keys for the cabin. Have a great cruise.

How is it unethical? :')

I called Carnival to switch people around so we could do this exact thing and told them exactly why we were doing it and they were like, okay sure, not a problem. If Carnival doesn't care, why should you? :rolleyes:

I called Carnival to switch people around so we could do this exact thing and told them exactly why we were doing it and they were like, okay sure, not a problem. If Carnival doesn't care, why should you? :rolleyes:

Lots of people like to signal their virtue on the internet.

First, let me start by saying it was just my opinion, which is why I intentionally said that others would answer. Even the OP recognized I was not flaming but rather simply commenting. I am entitled to think something is unethical and I would not chose it. But that does NOT follow that I would pass judgement on someone. People on these boards often seem offended when someone has an opinion than their own and automatically assume that it is holier than thou...but simultaneously forget that their act of doing that and making that accusation puts them in that holier than thou boat because the are implying they would never pass judgement on another! A bit of a logical conundrum now isn't it?:confused:

This is my take and my take alone. I have zero intent on debating someone on this subject because my beliefs and values on this point are personal to me. But I will answer your question as you, unlike at least another, did not come at me with 'tude, but rather you asked a legitimate question. I would not book myself with one of my kids so DH could have the other and buy Cheers. Its a loophole for people that are traveling with minors that a couple traveling alone could not get...the intent of the program is that the adults all have to get it to prevent sharing. Note that my opinion is that it is unethical - meaning that it is wrong and I would not do it because it goes against the intent of the program and therefore "feels wrong" - to me. I never said it was illegal. People who do this room swap and then share - well that is stealing - and therefore illegal and I have zero issue calling that quacking feathered bird a duck.

As for you, if you disclosed to Carnival your intent and they allow it so be it. Carnival is not my moral compass. Enjoy your half off Cheers...won't impact me one bit and I wouldn't dream of "thinking less of you" for it. I hope that answers your question.

Happy travels.:)