When are TAs staterooms released?

BlueRiband

Does anybody know approximately how soon before a sailing when blocks of staterooms held by TAs are released? I've often read posts here were there was no availability in certain categories then suddenly there was, so some speculated that whatever was on hold by TAs was released to general inventory.

I received a promotional email but the category that I want on a B2B TA is sold out. It's actually more expensive to piece the EB and WB together! (The difference would pay for some nice Canyon Ranch treatments.:D ) Of course if I'm not happy with what is available I can't book it as I'm contractually stuck with it should nothing better open up. (There is a Q2 available but I've not hit a lottery. :p)

Has anybody experience with being wait listed for a category? Or do they only do wait lists if the ship is completely sold out?

I would say this is most likely to happen about 60 days before the sailing date when final payments are due.

Lanky Lad, I believe final payment date is now 90 days prior to sail date on this side of the pond...

"If you have booked direct with Cunard, the balance of your booking needs to be paid no later than 90 days prior to departure.

Please note some fares, and bookings made within 90 days of departure, will require 100% of the balance to be paid at the time of booking..." copied from https://ask.cunard.com/help/before-you-sail/when_balance

Salacia

The quirk on the US side is that final payment is due 90 days before sailing but cancellation penalties start 120 days out. (One also cannot buy Cunard Care after the cancellation period begins!)

I'm hoping something opens for the B2B. I'm seeing the same stateroom available on the EB and also on the WB but piecing it together costs much, much more. While I'm willing to change staterooms I'm not willing to spend a lot more to do it. I suspect that if I called and asked for that stateroom at the B2B fare they would tell me no. Can't say I blame them as this is a business. If they think they can get more revenue on separate bookings they will hold it out for that.

I sometimes read posts where early bookers complain that they are "punished" when better prices are offered as late deals. But this is a clear disadvantage of booking late: popular categories are already sold. Can't book below what I want because I'm stuck with it should nothing better open up.

Online pricing has always fluctuated with supply and demand and there have been some strange discrepancies. Some have split B2B crossings into two bookings due to lack of availability or a savings over a single booking. Here however is some really strange pricing (solo pricing, so don't panic!):

P2   P1      Q6
14 day B2B   7998  8998   8998
7 day EB     4798  5798   5798
7 day WB     5358  6598   6598

Book 14 days and pay about $9K but book separately and pay up to $4K more?:confused: