Is the noro virus over with?

OYSTERBAY1

Is there anyone on here who has recently been on the Volendam who who can say if the Noro virus has been stopped? Also if anyone has recent experiences staying in a neptune suite. My wife and i are going on sept. 13th this year. We will be taking a taxi to the ship from our hotel, are there people to take the luggage from the taxi to the ship? We are looking so forward to this cruise. John & Laura

Is there anyone on here who has recently been on the Volendam who who can say if the Noro virus has been stopped? Also if anyone has recent experiences staying in a neptune suite. My wife and i are going on sept. 13th this year. We will be taking a taxi to the ship from our hotel, are there people to take the luggage from the taxi to the ship? We are looking so forward to this cruise. John & Laura

From what port?

Noro always exists. Noro can survive surfaces for about six weeks if not properly clean.we where on a cruise , on day ten someone brought onboard from a port. Within a day the ship was in condition red. No utensils , salt , pepper , sugar on the tables. Buffet wasn't self serve anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship doesn't have noro...the PASSENGERS bring it aboard! It's rampant in schools, nursing homes and other places with large numbers of people. It's not just a "ship" thing. You can have it and be contagious days before you actually start with the nasty symptoms...that's why it's so freaking sneaky. You board the ship and feel fine...then BAM....it gets you...and several others! Very smart virus! Most times, you aren't getting it from anyone on the ship...you've brought it aboard.

Yes i know someone brought it on board, but the ship can have it. it can be on rails and elevator buttons etc. I also know it can be in schools and other places. My question was to find out if it was eradicated from the ship by cleaning or if passengers on the next cruise were still getting sick. It's a nasty bug, people are contagious for days before and up to two weeks after symptoms from what i read. thank you for replying. . so if anyone knows if the ship was now clean of the virus i would appreciate hearing from you.

Noro always exists. Noro can survive surfaces for about six weeks if not properly clean.we where on a cruise , on day ten someone brought onboard from a port. Within a day the ship was in condition red. No utensils , salt , pepper , sugar on the tables. Buffet wasn't self serve anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

sounds like they do all they can to stop its spread.

We will be taking a taxi to the ship from our hotel, are there people to take the luggage from the taxi to the ship?
On every cruise we've ever taken the taxis have stopped in an area where there are porters waiting to take bags.