CLS vs. GS and Connecting Room - Allure of the Seas

Hello everyone. I normally can make decisions without help, but we haven't cruised in 12 years and first one with our kids (4 & 8). We are currently booked on Allure with a grand suite connecting to an extra balcony room. We like this because it gives us some space, privacy for mom and dad, and beds for the kids. BUT, the crown loft suite looks really cool and love being in a quiet part of the ship up on deck 17. Looks like we lose a bath tub and the kids will need to use the pull-out, plus no real wall between the two sleep areas. CLS is about 700 more than the two cabins combined - so not enough to push me in one direction or the other. What would you all do for those that sail often? Any advice would be great.

One odd question - if the kids use the pull out every day in the CLS, will the room attendant make it back into a couch each morning? Or will they keep it a bed the entire trip.

THANK YOU!!!

My choice is the CLS. Love being so near the suite lounge and coastal kitchen. Also hallway is a lot quieter. Only drawback is no real wall between the loft and living room. The no partition was not a problem for us though.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My choice is the CLS. Love being so near the suite lounge and coastal kitchen. Also hallway is a lot quieter. Only drawback is no real wall between the loft and living room. The no partition was not a problem for us though.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Ditto to the 17th deck!!!!!!!

Love the area and love the CLS

Unless of course i get a upgrade/upsell to an A2 (hint hint RCI)

Safe travels.

Having been in the Crown loft with my 2 daughters that were older, (18) I can tell you that there is very little "privacy' if that's what you mean.

Also the sofa bed pullout was not big enough for them, but with your children being younger both of those factors might not be a problem.

Certainly the Crown loft room, ship location and the balcony are superior to the GS though. Furthermore there are two room attendants and the service in the lofts on both the (Allure & Oasis) has been outstanding for us.

In fact my wife & I will be looking to experience the loft suite on the Harmony coming up in September, so you can see that we definitely prefer that location.

However you'll have much more privacy & space with the Grand Suite and adjoining room. No stairs in the room (if that's a factor) and depending upon which deck you're on it's not hard to get up to the suite lounge & Coastal kitchen.

All things considered if I were in your position with your children at the ages they are, I would opt for the Crown Loft.

Now if I could have done the GS and adjoining room with my 18 year old kids, I would have done that instead of the CL for sure!

We've been fortunate enough on adventure class, freedom class & oasis class ships to experience the family suite (2 bedroom), the grand suites, the crown loft, and also the skyloft suites and I can tell you that being on 17 and the service they deliver there just feels like a more luxurious experience.

Either way you've got a good problem to have and I'm certain you'll have a great time!

Good luck,

Steve

We were on the Allure last year in a CLS with my nephew and are giving the Harmony a shot in an SLS with my niece coming up soon and really enjoyed one and are looking forward to the other. With two bathrooms and the balcony we did not have any problems and the "wow" factor is higher (for them and for us :)) in the CLS than a GS and stateroom. Storage was not a problem and it feels more private on 17 than anywhere else. For $700, I would do it.

We have stayed in the CLS many times and have loved it....but, if we had 2 young kids with us, I would for sure take the GS with the adjoining stateroom. There is little privacy in the CLS and if you wake up before the kids, you will be tiptoeing around them. However, you might want to check if your kids would get all of the suite perks if they are in the adjoining stateroom instead of the CLS....that might help you decide. Regardless, you are going to have a great cruise!

Hello everyone. I normally can make decisions without help, but we haven't cruised in 12 years and first one with our kids (4 & 8). We are currently booked on Allure with a grand suite connecting to an extra balcony room. We like this because it gives us some space, privacy for mom and dad, and beds for the kids. BUT, the crown loft suite looks really cool and love being in a quiet part of the ship up on deck 17. Looks like we lose a bath tub and the kids will need to use the pull-out, plus no real wall between the two sleep areas. CLS is about 700 more than the two cabins combined - so not enough to push me in one direction or the other. What would you all do for those that sail often? Any advice would be great.

One odd question - if the kids use the pull out every day in the CLS, will the room attendant make it back into a couch each morning? Or will they keep it a bed the entire trip.

THANK YOU!!!