Pride to Hawaii... when??

Cruznjuly

Spring break, Hawaii will not be full of the spring break crowd that we've all seen in Florida and other places, too damn expensive for college kids on a budget. Also probably less families on vacation that time of year so it may be a somewhat more peaceful cruise. Summer months on the islands can be a bit hectic with large crowds. My favorite times to go are between mid February and late May. Smaller crowds except for Oahu which is always crowded no matter when you go.

Spring has cooler weather (by a few degrees). Summer in the Pacific (like the Atlantic) is hurricane season and there is a potential of rough seas or diversions There has been a continuous chain of cyclones heading toward Hawaii this year, but only one has gotten close enough to cause stormy weather,,,, so far.

If spring break is during February or March, then I'd choose to go then, as the humpback whales and babies will still be there. The cruise rates may be a bit higher in January February and March as it is cold on the mainland, and lots of people want a warm getaway, plus the whales. But otherwise there will be little difference weather wise as there is little difference year round in Hawaii. Probably more kids around in the summer, as many people will not take kids out of school during the school season, but I don't think this would even be noticeable to most.

I go to Hawaii every January or February. I too go for the priority of the humpbacks. So if possible to include this, consider this time frame.

I am in the water multiple times snorkeling on my trips and do always go with my wet suit. Just too cool for my preferences otherwise.

Otherwise, anytime in Hawaii is great. :)

Spring Break : Not everyone has Spring Break at the same time and I would think less families would do a cruise then anyways. Less kids.

Summer - everyone has summer off, so there would be more kids.

Pricing : Just looked and with one exception (June 9), the rates never vary more than $200 a week. So, that is not an issue.