Chilled soups?

marianneyaya

we started cruising with NCL some 20 odd years ago and it was the first time we ever had these strange soups--chilled fruit sort of things that tasted so yummy. Myself, I am a soup fiend. I eat soup all the time, and I used to order one hot soup and one cold one, every meal.

Time has passed and last month it was our first cruise on NCL in about 10 years and, as people have said, NO CHILLED SOUP in the MDRs. We asked the waiter, who was fairly new, if there were any to be found. He went to headquarters and came back and reported that the chilled soups days have passed.

But good news, we are sailing RCI in 10 days and they still have them on the menu every day, so all is not lost.

Cheers

Len

Memo to NCL (yes, I know you peruse these boards):

There are a great many of us chilled fruit soup fans amongst your loyal NCL cruisers. We're looking forward (hint, hint) to introducing our family of 12 to our delicious tradition when we all sail on the Pearl this spring. Yeah, they're not the only part of the Norwegian Experience that won our hearts, but when we sipped the soup on the first day of our first NCL cruise 11 years ago, it was love at first sup. :hearteyes::hearteyes:

I too have enjoyed these soups in years past. One time I asked a waiter how they made them and he told me they are basically melted ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look up some recipes on line. I make a blueberry soup that also has lemon, sugar, regular yogurt, and a good red wine. Definitely not melted ice cream.

Look up some recipes on line. I make a blueberry soup that also has lemon, sugar, regular yogurt, and a good red wine. Definitely not melted ice cream.

My interest was piqued, so I looked up some recipes as suggested ... I dunno ... the fruity ones ... how are they different from smoothies?:o