This may be a stupid question but

When I go to my cruise planner it says my OBC is a pre-cruise OBC. Does that mean I have to order a drink package or excursion etc. before the cruise?

No, it means that you now have the option to use OBC pre-cruise. If you don't use it pre-cruise, you can still use it onboard.

When I go to my cruise planner it says my OBC is a pre-cruise OBC. Does that mean I have to order a drink package or excursion etc. before the cruise?
No question is a "stupid" question. You never know how helpful it could be to many.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

What "cruisepoints" are you referring to?

I'm thinking "CC cruisepoints" is the Visa credit card (CC) point redemption program, which I've not seen or heard anyone report seeing on the Cruise Planner.

I'm thinking "CC cruisepoints" is the Visa credit card (CC) point redemption program, which I've not seen or heard anyone report seeing on the Cruise Planner.

Correct. I was wondering if I'd be able to use them to pay for some of the excursions I am thinking of booking.

The answer is "yes". As soon as your request is processed, that OBC will show up as part of your "pre-cruise OBC, spend it now!" on your Cruise Planner.

:)

Pardon me, I was confused with another thread that was discussing purchased and travel agent OBC.

Fixed it.

The answer is "yes". As soon as your request is processed, that OBC will show up as part of your "pre-cruise OBC, spend it now!" on your Cruise Planner.

:)

Any idea of how soon after you redeem the point that the OBC will show up? My cruise is March 3, 2018, if I redeem the points today will the OBC show up by in the next couple weeks or will it be closer to March?

I was reading on one of the port threads the excursion I am considering fills up quick and I not want to have to pay now with my credit card if I don't have to.

Any idea of how soon after you redeem the point that the OBC will show up? My cruise is March 3, 2018, if I redeem the points today will the OBC show up by in the next couple weeks or will it be closer to March?

I was reading on one of the port threads the excursion I am considering fills up quick and I not want to have to pay now with my credit card if I don't have to.

The OBC from Visa points is processed in order of cruise date, so it depends on how many are in front of you.

Pardon me, I was confused with another thread that was discussing purchased and travel agent OBC.

Fixed it.

Confusion is my natural state of being.

They process the request when they darn well feel like it. If I were you, I would put in the request, and then check constantly. (you will know that the OBC has been posted when your Cruise Planner offers the OBC for pre-cruise purchases). Call them and nudge them until they do it. :D

Has anyone who redeemed CC cruisepoints had their OBC show up in their cruiseplanner pre-cruise? If so, how far in advance of the cruise date?
A friend who's going on the September 1 Radiance cruise with us redeemed RCCL Visa points for OBC and it's showing up on his cruise planner.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk