ms Eurodam and ms Nieuw Amsterdam in Juneau August 14, 2017

Scrapnana

You're getting into this webcam arrival stuff, huh? ;)
I actually got curious about the transfer between NA and St. Peter, i.e., whether it was on a dock or if the ship and the boat tied up to each other. (Clearly, it is the latter.)

I actually got curious about the transfer between NA and St. Peter, i.e., whether it was on a dock or if the ship and the boat tied up to each other. (Clearly, it is the latter.)

I haven't looked recently but it does the same thing at the other end of the tour (I think about 5:30 Alaska time). It's relatively easy to follow the boat on AIS and when it gets close I've seen a tiny dot coming up to the Volendam. They seem to tie up at the tender hatch immediately opposite the gangway.

Roy

Yeah, I remember those days on Oosterdam; the Allen Marine boats - St. Peter today - use one of their own ramps to temporarily connect to the HAL ship (A-Deck on OSDM) and then the transfer begins. Doesn't usually last more than ten, at the most fifteen minutes.

This is the first time I remember that Eurodam and NA are coming in about an hour apart.

May 8 [2nd wk], May 29, and June 5th - it was almost exactly an hour. June 12th, 19th, and Jul 3 - it was 35 mins. All the rest are very close.