Equinox AQ Cabin 1603 -- any sun on balcony

piratelooksat45

Has anyone stayed in Equinox Cabin 1603 (Aqua Class/Penthouse Level? We are currently booked in Cabin 1583. I've been reading that the Hump cabins have a bigger balcony...so was considering requesting a cabin change.

From past experience, I know most of the balconies are covered and don't get any sun -- any chance this hump balcony gets sun at all during the day? Also, it appears the bed is near the bath, can anyone confirm that? Thanks!

Has anyone stayed in Equinox Cabin 1603 (Aqua Class/Penthouse Level? We are currently booked in Cabin 1583. I've been reading that the Hump cabins have a bigger balcony...so was considering requesting a cabin change.

From past experience, I know most of the balconies are covered and don't get any sun -- any chance this hump balcony gets sun at all during the day? Also, it appears the bed is near the bath, can anyone confirm that? Thanks!

All balconies will get sun during some part of the day but I have noticed that the aqua deck does have a larger overhang. But, if my choice was between 1583 and 1603, without a doubt, I would take 1603. You will definitely have a larger balcony in that cabin. Both cabins will be noisy from the pool deck being right above you, however, 1603 might experience a little less noise. Personally, I would move to an A2 to be aft of the hump, but that is just me. Be aware, too, that there is a smoking area on the deck right above cabin 1603 and if the windows are open up there, you may get the smell of smoke wafting down onto your balcony ... more so if in port than if the ship is moving, though. Again, maybe this won't bother you. If you are basing your decision merely on balcony size, 1603 would be a better choice. It will basically get the same amount of sun that 1583 will offer.

We were in that cabin several years ago in the Caribbean. The bed is near the bath. There are times when the veranda has sun - usually either in the early morning or late afternoon. It depends upon the ship's heading. For most of the day the veranda is in shade. There are some noise issues at night in the cabin if there is a party on deck you can hear the music beat and what sounds like banging on the ceiling from people dancing, During the day you also can sometimes hear the band by the pool on the veranda, not in the cabin.

Cabins such as 1583, get very little sun due to the overhang of the pool deck. 1603 still has an overhang but less than half of the overhang of 1583; so there is some chance for sun when the sun is lower in the sky.

• 8 months later...