MDR table number no longer on card?

Deatsch

I seem to remember hearing that our dining room table number will no longer be on our room key card. Is this true?

This almost has to create even more of a fiasco at the first night for dinner.

Who thought THIS was a good idea?

Edited by Deatsch

I seem to remember hearing that out dining room table number will no longer be on our room key card. Is this true?

This almost has to create even more of a fiasco at the first night for dinner.

Who thought THIS was a good idea?

I've sailed with Celebrity quite often since 2009 and, within the scope of my recall, Celebrity has never included one's MDR table number on the key card... Instead, you will find it on a card that will be in your stateroom upon boarding... No hassles, no fiasco...

The practice that you refer to was--perhaps still is--a Royal Caribbean practice... Trust me, I know first hand it didn't always work as--in my one experience with them--none of the 50+ solos aboard Allure had been allocated a table assignment... Now that was a fiasco!

Thanks for that info Tommy and Xport.

Always worth while going down to the MDR at about 1.30-2pm to check you are happy with your table. The M'D will be at the door and will usually try to accommodate any changes you request (table size, location...).

Have a great cruise!

As mentioned, on a card in the room. The first night of our cruise about half the people brought the card. If you forget it, they have to look it up, and that takes longer. One of the staff was trying to seperate people in to those with the card to get them in faster. It didn't really work though, and the entrance seemed to be utter chaos.

On our first Celebrity cruise, we did not receive the card in our room; everyone else at our table did. We simply inquired about our table at the MDR.

A couple of days later, I found our cards outside our room behind our room number. The room number placards were designed so staff could put messages to you behind them. Someone chose to leave ours there rather than in the room. Be sure to check there as well.