Just wondering why there is so little informatio/ reviews on excursions

Squirly1

I presently have 4 cruises booked and have been leafing through the excursions to see what we would enjoy. I often wonder why Carnival doesn't put more effort into explaining some of their excursions in more detail. What boggles me even more are the lack of reviews written by Carnival guests. You would think that just by the volume of patrons that there would be hundreds of reviews on every excursion. I booked a cabana at Half Moon Cay and there literally were only a half dozen reviews. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.

Not all cruise passengers are members of Cruise Critic. And not all CC members write reviews. But majority of those who write reviews include shore excursions, organized or on their own. It may not be extensive as you may expect, but the efforts exerted are well appreciated, and their willingness to answer questions relative to their cruise.

Use the Search function on this board to read reviews. Or check the Members Review board for others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I presently have 4 cruises booked and have been leafing through the excursions to see what we would enjoy. I often wonder why Carnival doesn't put more effort into explaining some of their excursions in more detail. What boggles me even more are the lack of reviews written by Carnival guests. You would think that just by the volume of patrons that there would be hundreds of reviews on every excursion. I booked a cabana at Half Moon Cay and there literally were only a half dozen reviews. I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this.

Are you talking about passenger excursion reviews on Carnival's website, or are you talking about passenger excursion reviews on Cruise Critic's website?

I have always found plenty of opinions/reviews for the excursions, especially the most popular ones like the cabanas in HMC. Not sure where you are looking but even here on cruise critic site there are plenty of reviews in the port sections.

I don't know why there aren't many reviews other than that people don't often want to make the effort. I've done quite a few and it's work to do it right.

I can tell you that of the 4 times I have been to Half Moon Cay, we have had a cabana and I would get one every time.

You get priority tendering. Last time we were first on the island. We didn't plan it that way but we were the last ones on the first tender and so the first off.

You go over to the excursion shack/booth, give your name and they give you a ride to the cabana on the jitney bus.

You get fruit, veggies, chips and dips, soda, water, and ice. There is A/C, a fridge, a cooler, a table and 4 chairs. There are also comfy lounges, a misting fan, an outside shower to rinse off, snorkel gear and floats. They write a personal welcome message on a chalkboard. Oh and there's no need to bring towels from the ship they will be provided.

Half Moon Cay is mostly very hot with little shade so having a place to get out of the sun and into some shade is so worth it.

You book your cabana online but when you board head right to the shore excursions desk to pick the one you want. I recommend #6 through #9. Close to the bathrooms, Pirate Ship bar and buffet lunch set up.

The further down you go (higher than #9) the more private and less crowded it gets. Lower than 5 are near the entrance to the beach and more crowded. You will also have an issue with people who think they can use your shower, floats, chairs and more. Some people just have no respect.

We also like 6-9 because there are trees and more shade.

Hope that covers it. I'll be happy to answer questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

It is more the effort to post the review so that most people just won't bother. Also, some have mentioned that their reviews weren't positive aren't posted all of the time.

As was mentioned, the internet generally, such as you tube or trip advisor is a good source for information. Specifically about the cabanas, I have seen many questions and opinions on this thread about them on this site. If you have a specific question, I would suggest you just ask here and you will likely get many responses.

hope this helps

I find it baffling, also. For instance, one of them I am looking at only has 12 reviews, it has the most number of reviews of the ones I'm considering. However, If you look at them, they are dated 2012-2016.

Strange.

I agree. And I think part of the problem is that they change the excursions so often, that they delete all the past reviews. Then they end up with out of date stuff or nothing. I really wish they had someone work on it to make sure the reviews are current, like the past 2 years ONLY. And that if they change the excursion wording, they dont' delete reviews completely.